Epiphany68 Epiphany68 41-45, F 12 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Health

well...i think trying to think of what you could do if you could do anything is a good start. Are there any things that you think or talk about and your friends just look at you like, "why do you always want to talk about _____ ? (trees, pizza, math, politics, etc)"

What really made it clear to me was that I was just thinking about what kinds of things made me really upset in the world. I thought to myself, "why do you even care?" and then it hit me: I care because that is who I am. This is my purpose, my passion! this is what I want to go out and change and go out and do.

It may take a long time to figure it out, but I think everyone has a purpose...you just have to find it! :) kinda rambly but I hope this helped!

Best Answer

Thank you. That DOES help.

Best Answer

Try everything!

When you enjoy something, you gotta figure out why you enjoy it. Then you can try more things that emphasize that.

Never turn down an opportunity!

Best Answer

Excellent. My next problem is that when I do find something I love it kind of takes over. I have responsibilities.

Best Answer

Ideally, you passion would be your responsibilities. Or vice-versa. I believe that's what every human should be working towards.
I have the same problem, and finding a good balance is really frustrating. But its out there!

Best Answer

Well, I am crazy about my family. But keeping things running smoothly around here is not my favorite thing. Laundry, dishes, and housekeeping just don't do it for me. Lol. But by staying focused here sometimes I feel a little like I'm missing out.

Best Answer

Just keep trying new things until something really strikes you. For example, I studied journalism in grad school. I knew that I liked to write and do editorial work... but I didn't know what specifically I wanted to focus on. So I tried different things. I worked at finance, food, travel and general news publications. Now I write about the Middle East for the UN, and I love it. But I never would have discovered that if I hadn't explored different areas.

Best Answer

Close your eyes and think what you would like to do if you could do anything you wanted.

Best Answer

It's underneath a cushion on your couch.

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

Experiment

Best Answer

Put yourself out there. Give everything a try that looks even mildly interesting. When you find something productive that causes you to lose track of time... You've found it.

Then look for some more! :-)

Best Answer

Good advice. Next question...lol. When I DO find it how do I keep from becoming SO obsessed that I neglect my responsibilities? I'm having trouble with balance, I think.

Best Answer

When you follow your passion in life, when your falling, DIVE! Get on the beam and walk and never get off. Follow the river upstream to its source with such conviction that even death cannot detour you.

Best Answer

Lol. But someone has to do the laundry. XD

Best Answer

I have several 'passions' that go into my making a living. I just put responsibilities first. I get the yucky stuff out of the way and THEN dive into my passions.

Best Answer

Good advice. Thanks.

Best Answer

Date a Latino dude? Or lady, whichever you prefer.

Best Answer

Lol.

Best Answer