toughskin2 toughskin2 26-30 12 Answers Mar 5, 2011

Forgive them for your own sake so that you don't let it poison yourself and become bitter. And leave them behind you.

Best Answer

Or why should you? Anger is there for a reason; sometimes anger is what gives us the energy to protect ourselves from bad things. Maybe anger is what it took to get you to break it off with a destructive person and you may need the anger to keep you from going back.<br />
Once you know you do not need the anger anymore, you can let it go. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing if you can manage it because it takes a burden (often a bitter one) off of your shoulders. Forgiveness, in the sense of letting go of the anger, is a process; you may have to let it go over and over until it really fades away from your heart. Remember, forgiveness doesn't mean you have to give the person who hurt you a chance to do it again. It doesn't mean you have to be friends with that person. It just means you have to let go of the useless, draining anger over what they did and accept the fact that life is unfair and people can be awful sometimes.

Best Answer

Forgive yourself first, we must tend to believe that it is our fault letting other hurt us. Something we did for that to happen or something we missed to do to stop it...<br />
Forgive yourself and forget about them.

Best Answer

This can be a tough one to answer!!!! I am going through a very emotional and bitter fight with my so-called "sister' who is trying to get custody of my youngest son.( Read my article "WE WERE WRONGLY ACCUSED OF NOT FEEDING OUR SON"!) I have forgiven her (and some other family members for doing me wrong in the past) previously. But now I don't know how I could ever forgive her for what she has done now!! Yet, I dont' think it is healthy or good though to carry all of that anger and rage inside!! ( It will drain you!!!) I agree with Brainyblonde's answer, once you are over that anger, let it go, BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TRUST OR BE FRIENDS WITH THAT PERSON AGAIN!! And it is a fact of life, some people are just TRUELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!( Even if they are "family'!!!)

Best Answer

Forgive them anyway... dont hold grudges, you never have to mix with them if they have caused you pain ... and you will become a better person knowing that you did... life is short and they can be taken from you and you will live with the regrets... Forgive and tell them you love them and then leave them with the guilt... IT WORKS

Best Answer

We are not perfect humans. That's a given. We all make mistakes. Some more than others. That said, time does heal all wounds and forgiveness especially if the person wrongs you many times, is not easy and it does not come overnight. One thing I realized for myself is that I myself have made mistakes and have chose to do wrong too because of the hurt I suffered and because I wasn't healthy emotionally. Two wrongs don't make a right. I have had to forgive myself for my mistakes. Forgiving myself was even harder than forgiving my mother and two sisters. I forgive them finally after working through my book about family dysfunction. Does it mean I have to be around them? No way, or I would get sucked right back into their dysfunction. My mental equilibrium and peace of mind is way more important then that. Hoping you will find forgiveness someday. The agony and anguish you feel inside is so much worse than letting go with forgiveness. Believe me there is nothing like the freedom of forgiveness. Blessings!

Best Answer

my biological parents (never met my father) were miserable failures as far as being a parent, but before we laid my mother to rest this past summer, i publicly forgave her, for i am now a parent and g-parent and human being, we are falliable flesh and bone and know mistakes are made

Best Answer

You know, I tried the whole "speaking forgiveness out opens it up spiritually" ... and it doesn't work. Even if someone apologizes the hurt is still there. No matter how I try to not hold it against whoever hurt me, I still do and I never forget. It's a pain in the ***.

Best Answer

God has a plan for YOUR life. Earth has a lot of evil people in it (it's not supposed to be heaven).<br />
God tells you in His word that you WILL have troubles and trial on this earth. Suffering (if you accept it with the right attitude) builds character and strengthens faith. God answers prayers in HIS way and HIS timing - not ours and that's why His Word says "patience is a virtue". If we are to be conformed to the image of Christ then suffering MUST be included. Just as God had a purpose and a plan and a time for Christ's birth, life, death, burial and resurrection so he has a plan for each of us. Has not Christ died for you and forgiven you of YOUR sins, how are you going to pretend to follow Christ and refuse to forgive others? "Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping your enemy will die".<br />
He does not instruct us that we have to FEEL LIKE forgiving and we are in no way condoning the wrongs done to us by others, but in order to be a true follower of Christ, you have to CHOOSE to forgive.<br />
I've been through much suffering in this life and I was brought to the point to where I could run and let go of my faith in God, or I could stay and learn to TRUST God. I chose to stay where God had ALLOWED (not caused) me to be placed. My faith was increased ten fold and is worth more than "gold or rubies" to me. I have been with him 30 years now and I can testify that He has been faithful to me even when I have not been. HE HAS NEVER EVER LET ME DOWN and proven Romans 8:28 to me personally. He has taken the evil that has happened in my life and worked it for my good and His glory.<br />
You must hang on and do things God's way - I promise you that you will never regret it!

Best Answer

Forgiveness is something that will come with time. You may say " Yes I forgive you" however in your heart you know otherwise. Like everything... heal times all wounds.. forgiveness will come! *just keep smiling*<br />
~when you smile, it makes others wonder what you have been up to~*winks*

Best Answer

It helps to try understand why they did what they did what they did.<br />
We're all only human.

Best Answer