kayshields kayshields 18-21, F 7 Answers Mar 23, 2012

What kind of job are you looking for? When I was working in hospitality and was looking for work, I never once handed in my resume. I would just walk around to places wearing black pants and a black or white shirt (usual attire for the hospitality industry) ask to speak to the manager and tell the manager that I was looking for a job and that I would be happy to do a 1-2 day unpaid trial to show them that I am a hard worker. I always got a job that way, even when they weren't looking for workers. I would never have to give them my resume or even sit through an interview. Seeing how I worked through my unpaid trial was enough for them to give me a job.<br />
Even if you are not looking for work in the hospitality industry, it is good to give it a try because at least you can have a referee/reference at the end of it when you are ready to move on.

Best Answer

that seems a pretty good idea :) thanks ill give it a try.

Best Answer

Personality. GO GET IT. Don't let it get you down. Be POSITIVE and yourself. You can use school as a reference. Young ones can bring alot to a firm.

Best Answer

I think my career choice has a lot to do with it, i studied animal care for three years, got distinctions only to find there are no jobs in the industry, and the only qualifications i have are all based on animal managment :/

Best Answer

So? Be POSITIVE! F&gt;C? the rest! Go at it! You're the one they want, no one else.

Best Answer

teachers can give you references...

Best Answer

I know but everyone wants job references :/

Best Answer

you could do a bit of work for a charity?

Best Answer

Just put down a friend, or place and ad to cut grass or clean houses. When you fill out the application you can say you were self employed and then put down the people you did work for

Best Answer

Get that booty on da streettsss gurll

Best Answer

You just have to keep looking .... if you've never worked before ; Grocery stores, fast food , restaurants, delivery , retail , will probably be your top chances of employment ..<br />
IF you have a truck or an suv; you can search Craigslist everyday for temp help ... and one time delivery jobs ... My friend used his Explorer and would do one time delivery etc .. help unload etc ... and he averaged abut $350 per week ..TAX free !!

Best Answer

Ever babysat? Cleaned someones house? Have personal friends that would vouch for you? Dependability and work ethic are what an employer looks for. Chances are someone can stand up for you and say "Yeah, he/she worked here, was a good worker, dependable, etc". It works. Good luck.

Best Answer