:( they are really worrying me.
anom33 anom33 16-17, F 9 Answers Jul 11 in Community

This is an example of how you are a great friend to have. I don't have too much advice on this, sorry. All I can say is be nice to him or her (as you have been), and discourage the cutting. I don't know what else you have the power to do. Good luck!

Best Answer

HI anom33 <br />
only that person can do that by taking responsibility for their own emotions and behaviour. You can help them by being a friend but not by taking the responsibility for their health onto yourself. Be encouraging, suggest they seek medical advice and never condone their behaviour. I hope it works out for you both to stay friends but it can be very difficult as you feel the pain everytime they say they have cut.<br />
Best wishes<br />
:)

Best Answer

it's becoming a trend, especially on EP...I suspect they have a need for attention, not only on hear, but in their lives too...ADHD could be the cause, cutting just a way to express it.

Best Answer

I've had my share of EP'ers come to me because of being depressed, most of them were cutters. I told them other ways to manage their emotions, ways I use, and that works fine for them

Best Answer

Maybe suggest counselling

Best Answer

I have they won't go

Best Answer

Maybe suggest or try to think of safer ways to let out their pain

Best Answer

Yeah that's good idea. I will, thank you

Best Answer

its a decision they have to make themselves.

Best Answer

I know but I just feel so sad about them and worried. I wish they'd stop and I can't get them to, they won't listen :(

Best Answer

try to be distracting and tell them the feeling of wanting to cut will pass?

Best Answer

I do that but it doesn't work, they keep telling me they've cut themselves and I feel helpless

Best Answer

so sad :( theres really nothing you can do if they want to do it...guess you can keep trying to talk to them and try make them see a doctor or counsellor. Don't give up on them hopefully one day they will stop. you are a good caring friend :) they are lucky to have you!

Best Answer