I am a really responsible kid. I get good grades and never do anything bad, but my mom still thinks that I'm just like every other rebel in the world. She knows that i'm responsible, but she still treats me like i'm 5. How do I get her to trust me and to treat me like a young adult?
alice4114 alice4114 13-15, F 5 Answers Apr 13 in Parenting & Family

Set down with her and have a heart to heart talk with her. Ask her what you can do to prove you are a responsible adult. Ask her what kind of liberties would she be willing to give you as you prove yourself. If you are in the US, our laws will not allow her to just let you loose. She is legally responsible for you. This being said, the heart to heart talks with her and your cooperation will make your life less stressful.

Best Answer

Wait 3 - 5 years.

Best Answer

act like an adult...don't talk back, roll your eyes, tell the truth and just be trustworthy...if she still doesn't see, get yourself ready for college and just bare with it

Best Answer