tristan6 tristan6 26-30 23 Answers May 11, 2012

Any time my kids get attitude they lose it shortly after they lose Ipod, tv, vid game privledges. If they haven't lost it by then, my cupboard is full of food they hate. <br />
Every house has an Alpha. Don't let your kids take that role from you.

Best Answer

true true thx hun

Best Answer

Kids at that age can be very self centered. Try to get them involved in some kind of volunteer service if you can. They actually enjoy helping others once they are doing it and the activity widens their view of the world - no it doesn't revolve around them.

Best Answer

i actually just started a group on fb locally to get all area kids more involved , im hoping it helps, ive also talked with my husband about having the kids volunteer in soup kitchens and things , great idea hun thanks

Best Answer

I'm sure it will help. Best of luck mommy!! :)

Best Answer

thx hun

Best Answer

Wait about 12 years

Best Answer

no way 12 yrs from now if shes like i was at that age she will be rebelling and itll be even worse lol,

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

Tell her that if she is going to act like that you will put yourself in time out. Do this while she is doing ok acting right.Then later when she is doing the attitude thing don't say a word just go up to your room turn on the TV or radio take a bath read a book what ever. I would bet she would be knocking the door down to get into you. The deal is she wants to control you. If she gets ignored or she isn't getting the response she has come to enjoy it will end. This is the fastest way to fix things many times.

Best Answer

With a LOT of patience, and giving the good example that you want her to imitate.

Best Answer

well maybe that can stp if you talk to her more and if she or he says stay out of my life then tellem them u cant becus ur suppose to be with her till shes or hes 18

Best Answer

oh i told her and all my kids my job is not to be there friend im mom 1st but then i can be a friend , also i remind them constanly when they say they dont like something i tell them oh well until there 18 my house my rules , and of course i get growled at but at least they stop for a moment

Best Answer

well then just tell her why cant u just respect me im ur mom u dont know what i have been through ill do everything for u and this is what i get bak but also maybe tell her if anyhing is going around school that might be the problem

Best Answer

i do know at school shes been getting bullied and when i tried to get involved she wanted to try and speak to teachers on her own when that didnt work i got involved and yet the school isnt doing anything, shes being hit and stuff by boys and i let the school know next time since they cant seem to handle the problem i will be involving the police and press charges and remove my child from school , weve already spoken with an attny as well ,

Best Answer

Be firm but fair and if she doesn't listen to you then you ignore her, and she doesn't get her way. Simple. If she shouts and screams ignore her until she can argue whatever she's trying to argue calmly and rationally, preferably with some courtesy.

Best Answer

Good luck! If you find a way to do this you will make a fortune when you write the book!

Best Answer

I think it just a phase. I know I went through that as well.

Best Answer

Set rules that everyone in the household must follow - everyone, including yourself. Put it in writing. Also write down what the penalties are. This is only a start though. Just don't kill her yet though. It will pass, but your hair color will likely change.

Best Answer

i have chore charts , and rule charts , i used to have a red l, yellow, and green light bored for behavior that caused loss or gain in tokens it worked well thinking going to do this again maybe they can earn pennies as im a broke mommy lol thx for the help

Best Answer

She's 10<br />
Relax

Best Answer

Time out, grounding, loss of cell phone or tv privelges, she won't lose it but she'll make sure she not taking it out on you.

Best Answer

yeah no cell phone however all her other privlages for most part have bbeen revoked from her and my other kids for lack of responsibility, hers more so cause well she is a rebellious little girl , they all have to earn things back trough respect and chores and just being good kids, however shes the one thats not receptive my other 10 yr old seems to done a turnaround

Best Answer

hahhaha.. really? well.. ok this is a loaded question. But I work with kids and have some experience with this.. and you are not gonna like the answer...<br />
First, you have to get real with yourself and look at how YOU respond to her. Do you remember what it was like to be ten? Do you have experiences that she could draw upon? Funny or eye rolling stories of what a pains in the arse YOUR parents were?<br />
How do you react when she does or says something YOU don't like. THat is first. <br />
Second, change things up. She is a natural born button pusher. Kids do what they want when they want... because they know YOU and how to get what they want. If it is something she wants, do you eventually give in to shut her up? What parent hasn't? When you change your reactions that she is used to she will have to regroup. The trick to great parenting is to show them that you are one step ahead, always, and don't be afraid to show them that you really ARE as awesome as you say you are. After all, you have the benefit of experience, and you really DO understand what she is going through, and will go through. <br />
Super creative discipline, set boundaries and real consequences that you follow through on. The number one complaint of teens I work with is "They don't know me. They don't care and they never do what they say they are going to do"<br />
The book that I reccommend for the kids and their parents is this :http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?browse=0&keyword=parenting+your+out+of+control+teenager&mtype=B&hs.x=-1071&hs.y=-81&hs=Submit <br />
Its cheapest on Alibris.com, but make sure you never let the kids see your copy. You will understand why when you start reading. I recommend this book for one reason.. it worked with my out of control mouthy almost criminal behaving ten year old.. and it still works today, now that she is fifteen. <br />
The parents of the teens I work with agree, it is that good, IF you do your part and follow through.

Best Answer

from your replies,i can see that the person to blame is your husband. not ur daughter.As your husband ridicules you ,they disrespect u.Its time u win your daughter to you side. You should have dne this <br />
earlier.Anyways,its better late than never.First b friendly with her,try to see things from her perspective,let her do things her way.And when she becomer close to u,coz of what you have allowed her to do,she wil open upto you better,understand you and start listening to u,obeying you and come your way.

Best Answer

its probably only gonna get worse lol :P

Best Answer

i agree , maybe someday itll change , i hope

Best Answer

yeah, maybe when they become older they'll realise.. but i cant really talk, im 14 lol

Best Answer

lol well just remember all this above and try and not put your mom through stress ,though i know its tough being a teen , i was one once as well

Best Answer