Last week I said something to my friend that embarrassed him and hurt his feelings. The day after I said that, I asked him if he was still angry with me and he said yes. The day after that he forgave me for hurting him. Now, one particular classmate of ours keeps teasing us by saying that we are girlfriend/boyfriend. It is getting to him and I just don't know what to do! My friend and I are just friends. I want to speak to my friend about this but he just goes, "Yeah, yeah" and doesn't really respond to you. He admits that he doesn't pay attention to what people say. I thought about writing him a letter in my own handwriting. Do any of you think I should write down what I want to say to him or any other ideas?
Elgrakell12 Elgrakell12 13-15, F 5 Answers Jul 24, 2012

I would give him space for a week or so then send him a letter explaining how you feel and asking him to explain how he feels in what ever way he feels happiest.

Best Answer

Maybe just give him some time and space, and if he still doesn't come around, then you can write to him.

Best Answer

I thought about that but he forgave me the other day and it's my classmate the keeps making out that my friend and I are more than friends. I want to ask my friend if he wants to stay friends or if he actually does like me more than a friend. My classmate also said today that my friend has problems. Now that I thought about it, I think that she meant that my friend has issues with me. I want me and my friend to back to being tight again.

Best Answer

Hmm, well if you have romantic feelings for him, then you should maybe try to act on them. In any case, it might be good if you ask him if he has those feelings for you, and discuss them. But make sure you know how you feel towards him first. Otherwise it could be a bunch of mind games. If you ask him if he has feelings for you, and you are not sure about how you feel, then you might end up leading him on and hurting him.
Also you should sincerely ask your classmate to stop teasing, and if they don't, get some other friends to shut them up.

Best Answer

I don't have any romantic feelings for him. None at all. I only want him to be my friend. That's all. There is no way that I will lead him on because I have already hurt his feelings and I don't want to do it again. I know how I feel about him, I just want to know how he feels about me. We were just friends until I hurt his feelings and then my classmate jumped in and started saying that we are girlfriend/boyfriend so I don't know what's going on. He could have a secret crush on me...

Best Answer

Well if you have no romantic feelings for him, it won't matter if he has a crush on you unless he mans up and reveals his feelings. Then you can deal with it, and tell him honestly that you don't feel the same way. So I just say leave it be and let things run their course.

Best Answer

What my whole questions was basically asking was, do I write him a letter explaining how I feel or should I try to talk to his face? He is just so hard to talk to. He just doesn't respond to you when you ask/tell him something that doesn't have to do with phones, games or anything to do with a general conversation.

Best Answer

I do appreciate you talking to me.

Best Answer

Oh I see, you're bent on getting him to tell you how he feels. Then you should just talk to him, and say you're sorry about everything and hope that he doesn't think you want to be more than friends.

Best Answer

It is just so hard to talk to him about how he feels! That's why I thought about writing him a letter. What did you mean by "bent"?

Best Answer

It's an expression. Being bent on something means you are determined. I hope I have that right. You can look it up.
Well you can try to talk to him about it, but don't push it. If he doesn't feel comfortable talking about it, then pushing him to will only push him away. You can go up to him and tell him how you feel about things, tell him that you are sorry, and hope that you two can continue being friends. But it's up to him if he wants to tell you how he feels. That's all you can do, then the rest will be up to him.

Best Answer

If he was uncomfortable talking to me, what would give him that reason? I don't know why he wouldn't talk to me about it.

Best Answer

Well pushing him to talk will not help him open up. He has already forgiven you, so in essence, there should be nothing to talk about. You can go back to acting as friends like you did before. If he's avoiding you, then just give him some time, and just be friendly and open to him so that he will start to feel comfortable around you again.

Best Answer

I think I will just talk to him and I won't be pushy abput it. Thanks so much for helping me.

Best Answer

Good luck

Best Answer

I talked to him today and we are back to being friends! He only likes me as a friend and that's great! If our classmate keeps teasing us then I will see the principal.

Best Answer

Who needs friends

Best Answer

Everyone.

Best Answer

Just leave it alone.

Best Answer

No, I really want to stay friends with this boy. I just want to know how he feels about the whole situation.

Best Answer

I mean, stop worrying about it. He'll get over it. He already accepted your apology so there's nothing else to do.

Best Answer

Yeah, I guess.

Best Answer