You can do this- get a breast pump-But keep him on the breast- do not go to formula--pump like madness whenever he naps to keep your milk up and keep him on the breast- try for at least 10 minutes if he rejects it. Then give the pumped milk in the bottle with a nipple that is designed to mimick the human nipple, Be tenatious for 3 days- he'll go back- he has enough fat to sustain on little milk- weigh him- do not let him lose more than 1 pound- then give in with formula- but you can do this.

Best Answer

Thanx everyone for all the great ideas. I vow to not give up! He likes the formula alot so a little while ago I decided to put some on my nipple. He did really good. We aren't quite there yet, but we are working on it.

Best Answer

Babies are smart just keep trying. No more bottle , unless you have too.

Best Answer

Ah nipple confusion, just keep on trying hun, hang in there he will get it, offer him the breast often

Best Answer

Yeah I wouldnt even pump breast feeding is way more intamate just wait until hes 4 months old and lustfull latches on you will love it especially when he smiles its soooo cute, just keep on offering the breast more often he will get it

Best Answer

oh I just remembered that when the baby stops suckking then gently stroak his cheek it stimulates the sucking motion stimulate your babys sucking motion

Best Answer

your luck my son wont stop breastfeeding no matter how hard i try ,

Best Answer

Unfortunately, he never went back. We also had people in and out for 2 days straight trying to replace a floor and I didn't have privacey. When I did there was too much else to do and after 2 days of not being able to pump, I dried up. Also, there had been nothing but problems and tears over the whole thing and I decided it was probably best. I need to worry more about him beint happy and getting nothing but happy vibes from me instead of more stress and sadness.

Best Answer

just pump the milk and put it in a bottle for now. That's all I can think of. It's not personal. Try to take your emotions out of it. What's most important is that he's getting good nutrition and staying healthy. I think it's kind of odd though so you may consider talking to someone with medical knowledge because the baby still has to suck on the bottle to get a steady stream of milk.

Best Answer