I want to quit my job and live off the government. I hear all this complaining about "welfare state," so I want to get in on it while the getting's good (: --after I quit my job, how do I get money from the government for rent? How do I get food stamps for food? Ty! ~<3
FloatingPetals FloatingPetals 22-25, F 8 Answers Mar 21 in Community

Lol, this reminds me of that episode of a tv show where this guy and his sister where trying to get on welfare, she acted all retarded and he was trying to say he was a crack addict, lol

Best Answer

If you apply and can prove that you are not eligible for unemployment and have a lack of funds and are supporting someone and yourself, you can go through the application/interview process. Dealing with social services though is pure hell.

Best Answer

I have no dependents. Just me.

Best Answer

You may, but the amount would be so little. If you get food stamps on top of that it would help. Most people on welfare live in section 8 housing.

Best Answer

you might be able to apply for food stamps and free health insurance but you won't get money for rent.. if you have a disability that prevents you from working, you might get some financial assistance otherwise, don't count on much help.. you will likely lose your home and be forced to live in a homeless shelter..

Best Answer

That isn't much of a welfare state :(

Best Answer

no kidding.. why do you think there are so many homeless in the cities? so many houses facing foreclosure? shelters full of families and children? but if the government just paid everyone's rent, no one would have reason to work...

Best Answer

Hi. I want you to know I have been maintaining properties and acting as a background check investigator many many years in areas predominant with just your sort of situation. If you and your children are being persecuted by the racist system and you need help and are serious just go visit the office where they give this kind of assistance. If they also refuse you come back here and I will advise you what to do next.

Best Answer

Be careful what you wish for. lol

Best Answer

I hope this is a joke...

Best Answer