Search Conduit somehow got into my computer made IE disappear! And my Bing homepage is gone too! When I try to change my home page something blocks it! I'm at a loss as what to do!
aquarius3 aquarius3 61-65 4 Answers Dec 24, 2012 in Community

May have a searchbar virus..try spybot Search &destroy,or Restore computer to Earlier time....but delete FAST,its gonna spread,and become harder to remove.

Best Answer

what browser are you using ? and did you say this correctly ?

Best Answer

Download free Microsoft Security Essentials and install it (antivirus). Restart your computer. Open up task manager and google any applications or services running that you don't recognize. If the google tells you it's malicious, right click and hit end process. Restart again. Reset or reinstall your internet browser if all else fails.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I didn't read clearly. How are you posting here if your browser (IE) is gone?

Best Answer

sounds simple to you and me . if IE is gone how is he getting to EP . I had a problem awhile back with "Babylon search " Google is a god send when it comes to getting info ..fast

Best Answer

True that. Pretty amazing what you can accomplish through common sense and process of elimination. There is an immense wealth of support information for pretty much everything - guaranteed someone has probably had the problem before and found someone online with answers!

Best Answer

Search Conduit took place of IE without my permission

Best Answer

So you're using a malicious browser called Search Conduit, or are you using another internet browser besides IE?

Best Answer