It sounds like a cliche "Seek professional help". But it is true. Not any professional but one who specializes in "abuse"... If it is past childhood abuse or domestic violence, there are professionals that are specially trained.... And s*xual abuse should be treated by a professional who specializes in that area. <br />
There are just too many things psychologically that go on that one should not rely on family and friends to help them with... Sometimes people who are not professional simply can say exactly the "wrong" thing in response to confiding in them about it.

Best Answer

Sounds like you have a hardened heart, which you know happens after a series of traumatic events. There is no easy way to get over such pain, but I think first you have to start being honest with yourself. Start building your inner confidence, start really enjoying life. It helps to keep a diary, and write down exactly how you feel everyday, so you can monitor your progress. If you have people who you can trust around you, people who are dear to you, then it will really take off a load you confiding in them, after all we all need someone to talk to. Otherwise you may feel so alone, so anguished. <br />
Are you still being abused? Because if that is the case, then it will be very difficult to feel any relief at all if the pain is not only a frequent unsettling memory in your heart, but an ongoing struggle. I never spoke to any counselors to get over my pain, but it might work for you to speak to a professional. <br />
I developed MPD as a result of my abuse, but now I have finally accepted that each separate personalities are a part of me, and we now live in harmony. <br />
Alternatively, you could add me in your circle and we can discuss this further :) Keep your head up girl - and just look at it like this: things have to get better, because it can't get any worse can it? x

Best Answer

MORPHINE

Best Answer

"Don't dwell on the past, Don't dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present"

Best Answer

Seek professional help, its the best cure. Its hard at first but it does get easier, and these people are trained to deal with all the emotions that come up

Best Answer