I personally think that anyone who runs a fitness class should be trained in first aid and prepared to deal with seizures...if that is not the case I would be a little worried about taking a class there. Do they know CPR? What if something worse happens? If you want to continue going I would pull them aside and tell them about your condition, what needs to happen, and maybe even provide a pamphlet or instruction sheet that they can keep.

Best Answer

seriously

Best Answer

I've done that for the most part. I think what freaked everyone out is that it was so quick. like I laid down on the floor and had a five sec seizure/spasm thing

Best Answer

and they do know CPR.

Best Answer

See if you can tell the group before or after the class. You might want to bring someone with you that knows about your condition.

Best Answer

I have the instructor more or less along with another student I've gotten friendly with

Best Answer

complain to his boss. he shouldn't be running a fitness class if he doesn't know how to deal with a little thing like that.

Best Answer

it's the boss that called 911, the people in class knows what to do.

Best Answer

and stated bluntly to the one that runs the gym during the time I attend that I have a positive history, and I told her the three big ones that I have no problem with them calling 911. those are one if I'm continually seizing for five minutes or more (all of my heat triggered last a combined total of less than 2 1/2minutes over a ten minute window and they are normally less than five secs.), two if I hit my head (I get an aura about five minutes before I better have my *** laying on the floor all nice and comfortable) and three if I vomit and breathe it in (aspirate)(I have no history of vomiting during a seizure, if I do, it's going to be in a garbage can when I'm sitting up b4 I move to go get a shower to cool the rest of the way down)

Best Answer

You go to a Zumba class? Wow, are you gullible. You pay for old music you probably already have 3 copies of and could exercise in the lounge room. But you have to go TO a zumba class as it's so comlex. Oh, shite, where do they come from?

Best Answer

silverssneakers through Humana pays for the gym membership. and I've been working on the heat tolerance.

Best Answer