I personally think that anyone who runs a fitness class should be trained in first aid and prepared to deal with seizures...if that is not the case I would be a little worried about taking a class there. Do they know CPR? What if something worse happens? If you want to continue going I would pull them aside and tell them about your condition, what needs to happen, and maybe even provide a pamphlet or instruction sheet that they can keep.

Best Answer

I've done that for the most part. I think what freaked everyone out is that it was so quick. like I laid down on the floor and had a five sec seizure/spasm thing

Best Answer

and they do know CPR.

Best Answer

See if you can tell the group before or after the class. You might want to bring someone with you that knows about your condition.

Best Answer

I have the instructor more or less along with another student I've gotten friendly with

Best Answer

You go to a Zumba class? Wow, are you gullible. You pay for old music you probably already have 3 copies of and could exercise in the lounge room. But you have to go TO a zumba class as it's so comlex. Oh, shite, where do they come from?

Best Answer

silverssneakers through Humana pays for the gym membership. and I've been working on the heat tolerance.

Best Answer