Why do you think you have it?

Best Answer

my therapist says my anxiety attacks are so frequent and so severe she's never heard of anything like it before and she suggests i get checked for asthma, and if i don't have it then i just have severe anxiety and panic attacks that last for hours even after i'm mentaly calmed down i hyperventalate for hours. she says i should just get it checked out just incase.

Best Answer

Oh i see im sorry to hear that you have these attacks they must be so frightening for you! My daughter has asthma...she coughs terrible in the mornings..a dry harsh cough...she describes a tightness in her chest also. It was diagnosed through answering lots of Q's to doc and taking a "peak flow test"...where you blow into a tube and it measures how fast and strong your breathe is!...You really need to visit the docs...if it is asthma inhalers do help.. Good luck :)

Best Answer

Often hard to tell if you arent in the middle of an attack. Ideally you need to do peakflow, blood oxygen testand listen to lung function during an attack. Peak flow is not a good measure when you are not having an attack. Blood oxygen can check if it is hypervenilation. Listening to the lungs will help to detect any wheeze.<br />
Not ever heard of anyone being diagnosed with Asthma if they werent having an attack at the time and I have know an awful lot of people that suffer with it

Best Answer