Owlii Owlii 13-15 18 Answers Dec 30, 2011

Same as I did with my dad. Keep it in your mind that you can leave as soon as you can get a job and support yourself and do so. <br />
My life is nearing it's end now, but I've done more and accomplished way more that he ever did and have many more real friends than his attitude ever allowed him to have.<br />
But I can assure you of one thing. You'll have many more people throughout life who will do exactly the same. Just never "NEVER" let them influence you.

Best Answer

In your mind, You need to dismiss his comments and you also need to look up affirmations and return to these during the day.....Good Luck, your Dad might grow up someday.

Best Answer

If you choose to believe it,it eventually affects you

Best Answer

I don't believe it.. But it's just that I want my parents approval you know? And hearing my dad say these things hurts me and I feel like I'll never be the daughter he wanted...I have a eleven and thirteen year old brother and sister and I'm 15. He Says mean things even more when he's drunk..

Best Answer

you have to think more of yourself

Best Answer

Yes, I'm going to work on it more. As I'm already trying

Best Answer

Tell him "thank God I'm adopted"

Best Answer

If he said that tell him he's not a real father if he said that. Also if he dosent respect you you shouldn't respect him back.

Best Answer

have childhood protective services remove all of you from that toxic environment

Best Answer

Give him a book on abuse- abuse is not only physical, it can be mental and financial, words can hurt more than punches. Tell him that you learned that his saying that is abusive behaviour and an abusive person is not the type of sucess you would hope to attain and he should set a better example. Ask if his father treated him like that- sometimes people learn bad behaviour from what was done to them- tell him it's never to late to learn or change and you hope that he does before it's too late.

Best Answer

Just look at him dead in the eyes and say God Bless you dad have a great day and just walk away....try it :)

Best Answer

Ooh that would really get him mad for the fact that he doesn't believe in god. Lol.

Best Answer

Then just say dad I love you and walk away....make him think about that one yea the word LOVE and what it really means is ...hugs*

Best Answer

My grandfather is the same way, he lives with us and is constantly berating my brother and I for being "failures." On a funnier note, he calls us "turd 1" and "turd 2", because we're "pieces of ****" I work as an EMT and my brother is in college on a scholarship, so I don't understand what his issue is. In the end, I just realize that his opinion is not the truth and couldn't matter less. I hope everything works out for you, I had problems with my father as well, but he's not in the house anymore; you'll work it out.

Best Answer

Well, I have to say.. All his made me feel alot better. I put this up because I recently woke up from a dream with my dad hitting me in the face like u would a dog and saying all those mean things to me.. And I yelled in my sleep 'I Fing hate you sometimes! Why r u such a jerk?!' and then I just woke up crying rlly bad. After that dream I realized it's really starting to get to me...

Best Answer

I'm glad you're feeling some relief! These answers have made me feel a little better too, we're not alone.

Best Answer

Thank you:)

Best Answer