My friend sometime's visits me and occasionally brings her son. Sometimes he is sweet, sometimes, like today. he is pure murder. I have a fruit bowl on the table, he proceeded to throw orange after orange at his Mum. He was taking mouthfuls of milk out of his beaker, then spitting it at his Mum. Everytime I asked him to do something he'd just yell "NO!" at the top of his voice, then carry on like before. I need to get my home up together before Christmas, but it looks like a bomb has hit it after my friend and her son have been here no longer than about 2 hours. I've been mates with his Mum about 14 years and we get on really well, sometimes her son is sweet but when he's in a mood..oh boy, he's in a mood. My friend tries to tell him off but normally ends up giggling at him and it's my home that suffers. I've got toys and cartoons, but they only last seconds before he's elsewhere. Current favourites involve pushing our TV over and pressing the doorbell to set the dog off. Help? Thanks!
CorruptedAngel CorruptedAngel 22-25, F 11 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Parenting & Family

You're going to have to step up and tell your friend that although you value her friendship, you will not tolerate her sons behavior in your home. If he can't follow directions and behave, he is no longer welcome.

Best Answer

Meet your friend at HER house or at a public restaurant only. Your home is off limits to her son until she can train him to behave appropriately.

Best Answer

Is your friend clueless about her son's behavior? Spitting milk & throwing oranges is more than impolite, it's uncivilized. Tell her she's welcome but must get someone to keep her child if he's going to act that way in your home.

Best Answer

I agree boundaries for the child in YOUR home of meet them somewhere where it wont cost you stress and breakage......the smart mouth in me says.....buy a taser...but ....yeah......sounds like your friend needs to learn how to discipline the child cuz if yall think its bad now.....wait 10 or 15 years and you can take a day trip to the prison on visiting days....WOW!!

Best Answer

Set boundaries. Once they are crossed, end visits and forbid future visits until tighter boundaries are held.

Best Answer

Ask her to take him and leave,Tell her she's welcome any time but she will have to have a baby sitter for the child at home, If she is giggling at him, she is encouraging him.when he gets bigger she will be very very sorry because by then his lack of boundaries may become dangerous to himself and others.

Best Answer

Get on of those pet containers for 'traveling', put it in the corner ( bathroom, or basement somewhere - out of the way ) and explain to the little 'darling', that "that is for him when he's at your house, until he learns some respect". Buy a padlock for it, & use it. It may or may not take awhile, but "he will learn". It's not cruel or nasty, it's called 'isolation', they do it in prison to 'visitors' who think rules do not apply to them.

Best Answer

Several people have been severely prosecuted for that.

Best Answer

Well.. if its too unbearable to have him over and be having that happen... you might want to tell his mother that he can't come over if behavior like that will happen. It is her responsibility to have her son under control in another person's house. It also might help her realize that she needs to take action here, because he is causing problems to other people.

Best Answer

I would allow her in as long as the kid behaved. When he starts acting up, ask her to take him home, now. Either that, or meet at hers. People end up with no friends when their kids are like that.

Best Answer

try kicking

Best Answer