I realized that I wait for my bf to text me to hang out almost every night. And on the rare occassions he doesn't text me, I go crazy becuase I feel helpless. I think this is becuase we have set up a dynamic where he has all the power to decide when we hang out, and I almost never ask him. I like that he pursues me and always wants to hang out, but I don't feel like I can ask him to hang. Now he says he needs a little space becuase he doesnt have time for his friends, but he is the one who always asked me to hang out! I feel helpless. How do I handle this?
Stem05 Stem05 26-30, F 5 Answers Apr 18 in Dating & Relationships

You've left yourself powerless in your relationship. That never ends well

Best Answer

It sounds to me like he doesn't call you some nights because he wants you to call him - and he wants some time with his friends because he feels like he's putting in all the effort.

Best Answer

If you don't call him to go out he may think you're not interested in the relationship and leave. That's just my humble opinion though.

Best Answer

did we read the same post? He has ALL the power in the relationship and she gave it to him.

Best Answer

Everyone has a different opinion.

Best Answer

You need to have things that fulfill you that don't involve him, if you wanna hang with him ask the worst he can say is no.

Best Answer