Sometimes he thinks that I fake the way I'm feeling just to get out of going to work. There are days when I wake up depressed about life in general. I am confused about what to do. Most days he can be so loving and sweet, then he morphs into this selfish little boy who wants what he wants and to H...! With me!
Dougiesgirl Dougiesgirl 41-45, F 9 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Emotional Health

I feel he should support you 100% all of the time....But, that being said, there is tons of stuff online...books at the library...medical books that really back up your symptoms...or you could let him go to a doctor's appointment with you and ask the doc some questions. There are probably even support groups that would benefit you both to go to that would help you cope better with your symptoms and help him to have a better understanding of what you have to edure. Good luck =)

Best Answer

Ok well i have numerous health problems, and also HAD a husband who was not very sympathetic he'd tell me I was lazy, and i just need to get out and do more and i would feel alot better. He had even been there on one of my trips to accident and emergency and the specialist has stressed how important rest is for me when i'm not well. He just saw it as a big inconvenience. So i slept when he was not there and i didn't tell him when i feel unwell anymore as i know his reaction would just make me feel worse. I really feel for you cp effects everyone in different ways from the most severe where you can obviously see there is a problem to those who you maybe would not tell unless they pointed it out. To say he is so intelligent he really does seem ignorant to you r needs. Maybe its time to rethink the relationship or seek therapy for you both to help him understand its not just in your mind and it has nothing to do with chromosome's or dna xxx good luck hun xx

Best Answer

Exactly, this forum was his idea. He said that it would be good for me to connect with others who have CP. for the support. I agree, but I think he needs to do this too.

Best Answer

I am not sure what CP is, but you can easily find online how it affects someone, and he can read it for himself. In addition to it, next time you visit your doctor, insist he joins you.

Best Answer

It' short for Cerebral Palsy. My case is mild but, I still have bad days.

Best Answer

That's not because of your CP. That happens to people with no health problems at all. He is just being normal. Take that as a compliment. He thinks of you as a regular person, not a condition. Or find a different boyfriend.

Best Answer

Sorry - can you explain what 'CP' is please.

Best Answer

CP is short for Cerebral Palsy. Sorry, not used to talking openly about it yet. I was diagnosed at birth, only told people when I had to.

Best Answer

I've tried that. The only place I have to go is my Father's house, but he knows where that is. My sister lives too close for me to go there. Plus she has a full house. Shelters are out because of safety reasons. I've witnessed situations even in protected shelters that aren't safe.I can't afford to live on my own, even with a room mate.

Best Answer

Spell it out to him in plain English.

Best Answer

I don't think English is a language he understands. I didn't graduate from college like he did. I graduated from the school of hard knocks.

Best Answer

If you think he's so smart why don't you just let him figure it out?

Best Answer

In this case, he's not.

Best Answer

If he won't listen to you, he's not much of a BF no matter how 'smart' he is.

Best Answer