She just recently started having bad anxiety attacks, she said they used to be mild. What she describe is what I delt with through school, my mother never understood. Times are harder on kids and I do understand just dont know what I need to do to help her. There has been a recent episode with a teacher who humiliated another student in class, I believe this has alot to do with it. I am planning on talking to the school councelor about this. I have let her stay home 2 days now, Im afraid it wasnt the right thing to do, she may not want to go tomarrow. We have been working on getting home schooling for her for other reasons. I have issues with shrinks, some are good I know but they are hard to find. I am looking for a church councelor. I just dont want her to suffer like I did, I want her to know I am here for her, but not baby the situation. ty
lovinonly1 lovinonly1 36-40, F 10 Answers Sep 17, 2012 in Phobias

Just tell her don't worry bout it! Just don't care. I make a complete fool outa myself but I'm just like whatever! School isn't this huge thing, it's just a place where u learn boring stuff. It's hard to see it that way but, it kinda is /-:

Best Answer

Yeah boring stuff with wicked teachers. Not all the teachers are evil but the ones that are make it hard to enjoy learning all that crap.

Best Answer

Breathing excercises and mindful awareness refocusing techniques can help. Also, explaining to her that it will be fun at school once she gets there and stopping at the gas station or convenience store close to school (shift the focal point away from school) might work to ease tension.

Best Answer

You're making the right move with the home schooling.

Best Answer

School counslor is trying to talk us out of it, but we still are going to.
thank you

Best Answer

I think your only option is professional help. I was never treated for it growing up and I believed it was all my fault and I could improve it but I just made it worse. I wish someone had told me or my parents I needed it.

Best Answer

how is your daughter doing? and how did you help?

Best Answer

i have anxiety and i talked to my doctor about it and she told me that if i know that im going to be in a situation that normally makes me anxious to take a quarter tablespoon of Benadryl and it seems to make me relax and i dont get so anxious. obviously dont over use this but every once and a while it will help.

Best Answer

gun, pocket knife, papper spray, stun gun any self defence weapon would be helpfull.

Best Answer

Back to school knives!

Best Answer

lol. Not her shes scary with weapons. She wants a really big knife. Everyone could be in danger. lol

Best Answer