I used to feel just as he does now. I've even suffered as he is right now... I've been giving all the support and advice I can but I'm not sure If I'm helping him. Some days he is better than others.. but I'm at a loss as to what else I can do for him because I cannot physically be there for him for some time. Someone please help! I don't want to loose a friend the way I nearly lost myself.............TT^TT
SheFoxy SheFoxy 26-30, F 11 Answers Jul 9, 2012

Praying for you also. You are doing a great job and all you can. It's ok :) Hang in there. God bless u

Best Answer

I have been praying.. deep in my heart for quite some time now.. Every day I worry about him and try to be there for him and all the while I am praying that he finds his answer to finally heal.

Best Answer

So all first at hand resources, mental health, police, are totally out of the question. The second at hand resource, you going to him, is also not feasible, right?<br />
The only two options I see are, if there is a shred friend over there, get him/her involved. This might be tricky, read on.<br />
The other option is you get him to spend as much time with you, long distance, as the both of you can take. That might be troublesome by the way. Schedule time with him, try to get him to agree, every time again, that he will not harm himself until the next time you speak to him. If he agrees to that, the chances that he will commit suicide are going down. If he doesn't, or can't agree to that, you have a huge problem. <br />
There is third option, let him come to you.<br />
Now I know, and understand, you do not want to lose a dear friend. You are trying to get him to get out of suicide mode. Now, apart from your fears and wants, do you think he will like that? I am asking, because in one of my suicidal periods, friends really did got out of their way, to prevent me from committing suicide. They succeeded, obviously, but I'm still not really happy that they succeeded. They also turned their backs on me, and at least one the friends was really concerned and really close. Bad example I know, but it is a reality and it would be unfair for me not to tell.<br />
If he is really determined, you can't prevent it, you can only hope that he either 'snaps out of it', or tries and fails. <br />
I applaud you for caring so much, it really moves me. And I do hope it works out well, but also be prepared it might not work out well. Don't fall into the guilt trap.<br />
Hugs to you.

Best Answer

Thank you friend.. I will try to schedule time with him.. I hadn't done that yet. He actually does already come to me when the feeling hits him.. If I knew anyone else where he was I would try to get them to help, but he told me he has no other friends and his family.. well..... they're the main cause of it all. *sigh* I'll keep hoping. He is a brilliant kid.. a blessing to this world and I tell him this frequently. I hope I can help him.. but I do know that in the end.. it's his choice and I would never rob him of that freedom...... I want him to want to live again.. I don't want to force him to live if it is his deep desire not to.. I'd never force someone to do something against their will. I know what that is like from personal experience and I will NEVER do the same to someone else. Thank you.. And I am glad that you are still here with us to help me try and help my friend~^^ *hugs*

Best Answer

Have him read my blog, "Mathew didn't die, he just committed suicide".

Best Answer

OMgosh... TT^TT I just read it myself... I will share it with him.. Thank you~

Best Answer

Take him for a ride then stop at the emergency room. Convince him that it is for his own good, because you fear for him and you don't want to lose him. If he refuses, which he probably will, make him promise to get some help, then accompany him there for support.

Best Answer

If I were in the same country and city as him, I would.. but I on the other side of the world.. I can only message him.....

Best Answer

:( Just express how concerned you are for him and encourage him to stay alive and seek help.

Best Answer

I am~ Thank you...

Best Answer

What saved you?

Best Answer

Music... I've already shared it with him. But unfortunately when it comes to depression the cure for each person isn't the same. The answer lies deep within his own heart.. I can't give him an answer he has to find it for himself.... But I'm not sure what else I can do in order to help him find that answer.. :'(

Best Answer

I lost this way...try everything!all's fair ..your right if one blocks their hearing and hardens their heart against life...Keep trying and find your peace in that

Best Answer

I shall~ Thank you...

Best Answer

uh call the police

Best Answer

I would if I could.. He's in another country and for him, having the police come would only make matters much much worse for him......

Best Answer