They are teeny tiny yellow fuzzy oval looking bugs that are eating the hell out of the leaves (making the leaves looks like skeletons) and my green beans. So how do I kill these little bastards without poisoning my family or hurting the honey bees. The honey bees love my garden and I dont want to hurt them because I think they are good for my plants.
NoGodsNoMasters NoGodsNoMasters 31-35, F 3 Answers Aug 28, 2009

Pyrethrum and Neem will help rid those pesky Mexican bean beetles....These are relatively non-toxic to humans when used according to instructions...Detergents, as noted will help also...

If these don't work...pray....

(kidding)

Best Answer

Mix a teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent with one cup of vegetable oil. Shake it very, very well. Mix that with a quart of hot water. Spray it onto the plants about every 7-10 days. The plant tips may brown slightly, but that is normal.

You can also use some tobasco sauce mixed with hot water. But I think that I would stick with the first suggestion.

Best Answer