I have noticed in my life as I go about being friendly and talking to people that I tend to catch myself reading too much into people's communication. I mistake people being nice and friendly for being a friend, when in fact, I really wasn't friends with them. I think if they say hello and help me out with my problems, they are my friend, when they only saw me as such and such. How can I not read too much into things and just know if someone is my friend or not? I know we all see friendship differently so maybe they were considered a friend in my book, but in theirs, it wasnt. I am usually the one who gets way too excited when someone says hello, talks to me, that I automatically have a friend. Usually what happens is the next day, week, I find out the truth about their communication. Its tricky and I currently have asperger's syndrome, so any pointers will be nice.
geonavigator07 geonavigator07 22-25, M 2 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Parenting & Family

No one is your friend instantly. We meet one another and have a very superficial interaction. As we get to know one another a little better, we get a feel for whether we enjoy each other's company or not. Friendships deepen gradually. They can stop deepening at any time for hundreds of reasons. Don't assume it's your fault. Know that BOTH of you have to be compatible for a real friendship to emerge.<br />
You have to meet lots of people before you find a lifelong friend. Be patient. :-)

Best Answer