SomethingNew88 SomethingNew88 18-21, M 7 Answers May 1 in Community

Practice practice practice. And lessons.

Best Answer

Cool. Also, I am enjoying that username of yours! Right on!

Best Answer

Well thank you. :)

Best Answer

Guitar teacher :)

Best Answer

True. Good way to make a friend tooo

Best Answer

Exactly!

Best Answer

Get a guitar and find some online lessons

Best Answer

I would need a guitar. Cost?

Best Answer

Depends on what you want. You can pick up a cheap acoustic one for 30-40 euros and a electric one for 90-100 or so. If you want something better you might wanna consider spending at least a couple of hundred euros on it. Look in local shops or buy from Thomann.de, they are very good and cheap too.

Best Answer

I'm in Canada lawl. Dollars and craiglist is what we got over here. But I'll check the local sites around here. How would I know if its actually good versus a cheap skate and I'm being taken advantage of?

Best Answer

You won't. Buy an intro one from a store. Even amazon has them.

Best Answer

It's hard to give you any advice on what you can buy. The best idea is probably to get a really cheap one until you get the hang of it and by then you might have a better idea of what type of guitar you want. But one budget brand I personally like is Epiphone. That's a lot of bang for the buck, I have one of their Les Paul models and am very happy with it. The entry models are like 120-130 euro up to 300-400 if you want something that's very good for that pricerange. I think it equals to around 180$ to 500-600$.

Best Answer

$180 isn't so bad. So I'd get that from a guitar store? I'm also assuming they'd let me practice with it for a while to be sure I want it. Would they let me take it home for a while?

Best Answer

Yes most stores should have Epis.. and a lot of other brands so you can try out several guitars and see which one fits you. I suggest that if you know someone that plays guitar, you bring them with you cause being a complete newbie, you are gonna have a hard time deciding which one you should get. You can try them out in the store but I don't think you can bring any home.

Some things to consider... see how it feels to play the guitar, on some guitars with their shape, it is harder to access the top frets and I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. If you are buying an electric one you might want to consider what pickups you want... the main choice here being single coil or humbuckers. Single coil generally makes for a brighter and crispier sound.. humbuckers are darker and more crunchy. Check out what the artists you like are using and which one that seems to be a better fit with the sound you are going for.

Best Answer

take lessons

Best Answer

Pick one up and have a go :)

Best Answer

Cost of a guitar?

Best Answer

I would assume lessons :o

Best Answer