Sukies Sukies 22-25, F 4 Answers Jun 25 in Parenting & Family

That's a terrible position to be in and it's a shame you're family isn't more accepting. You have to either choose to go along and pretend to be what they want or you have to toughen up and accept that they just don't like you.

Best Answer

My mum shattered my dream of wanting to be a chef, I've got depression but I'm trying to push towards my dream without my mum knocking me down again, my family treat me like I'm an outsider, in the 8yrs that my dad died I've not been shown any love by then I craved it but gave up.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that. It's an awful way to be treated by family. Try to be strong and stick with your dream. I have a niece who is a chef. She loves her work. It's worth cherishing and nurturing your dreams. .hug.

Best Answer

By different, what exactly do you mean?

Best Answer

Like I always stand up for what I believe in. My sisters and bro and mum don't like that, I've suffered depression for 8yrs after my dad died so I basically distance myself from people who are negative.

Best Answer

I am different too in my family, and I was also abandoned by them for years. Tell you what, you have to make your own "revised" family made up of people who care about you and who treat you well, and who you cherish; you can't help who your family is, but you can try not to let them bring you down to a level you don't deserve.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that, my family have pushed me away for 8yrs, I feel like an outsider, no one speaks to me unless they need something, I've been accused of all sorts but I stay quiet cos I know no one will believe me. I feel like I'm not meant to be on this earth.

Best Answer

Because you're different? Maybe they are ******** and you're just fine.

Best Answer

Yes maybe!

Best Answer