I have suffered numerous oppositions and rejections from the past, and I believe that's the reason why I am afraid to face the secular world, and of course, its people. I must apply now for a work but I can't - I fear facing people. My parents want me to enroll this next semester for another secular course but I feel fearful. (Anyway, I am a graduate of a Bible School) I am not afraid of people only at the Church at the ministry, and to them that do not know me.
ifacedown ifacedown 26-30, M 25 Answers Aug 28, 2012 in Religion

Firstly, you need some therapy - this is not a normal phobia even amongst religious people. Secondly, remember that everybody is unique and special despite believing in different things from you. They have hopes and aspirations - just like you. They are different from you but you all share fundamental human characteristics.

Best Answer

My parents advised me too to have therapy. I just couldn't believe that I could be so effective in the ministry yet so weak in the secular world.

Best Answer

I am curious aobut how you are "so effective" in the ministry. And I would caution, that is one of religions biggest downfalls is that people feel strong to go into a "Sunday Service" with like minds and tell each other how great they are, but are fearful to go out into the world and live as God has instructed.

Best Answer

I had a Christian therapist when I was diagnosed with depression. It's useful because they can understand your perspective on beliefs yet also allow you to be open with how you feel, non-judgemental and offer a different perspective on things.

Best Answer

Yes, I got some pride on it. To CLARIFY THINGS, I am strong facing up the secular world IF it's not on my hometown. I can minister to people (even not on Sundays), to the unbelievers as long as not in my place. But in my hometown, many know my ridiculous past... that's one cause of fear.

Best Answer

Why didn't you say all this in your original question? You can face the people in your own home town regardless of your past if you can acknowledge your past mistakes and if your beliefs have changed you, it is a testament to them.

Best Answer

All people need are acknowledgement of their humanness. You don't have to preach. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE... it's so simple.<br />
Frankly, I find the Christians more scary (and I am one). At least with the sinners, I'm not judged and still allowed to be human.

Best Answer

Love is the answer.

Best Answer

GOD IS LOVE ~ It sayz it in the Bible... what else is there?

Best Answer

I just need to develop friendships with the unbelievers.

Best Answer

Goodness... You need to accept that some people will love you and some people will hate you. A Christian may screw you over and an Atheist may heal your wounds. Love and friendship have nothing to do with religion. It only becomes that way if you let it.

Best Answer

Good insight!

Best Answer

Thank you, darling :)

Best Answer

Fear is what Christianity has taught you. <br />
The Church uses fear.<br />
You are fearful because you have been told to fear for many, many years.<br />
You should fear the church and their lies.<br />
If you would like to really learn how to control your fear message me. I will do what I can to help.<br />
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7)<br />
Someone dropped the ball on you. I think it was you. Or maybe your parents.

Best Answer

Some of the good replies/advice from my friends:
if the people know about your "ridiculous" past, then show them the Christian you now.
and, Jesus should be your example on how to face the world. how did He face the world? is it by hiding? being in seclution? no! he went out to the world and be with the world. Gather the strength from God. besides, you can never claim that you are faithful until you are being tempted from side to side. be with the world, but just like what Jesus did, He did not do the worldly things. ask God for wisdom. He will surely give it to you.
==================
Never think of the thoughts that they might thinking about ur past, well, what u have to do is be confident for who you are now... And soon, they will be blessed on u, for the new you. and they will soon accept the transformed person like u... Im like u before, in my case,..i have a past of having social phobia,.. they know me as having no care to the world,. they dislike me so much.. but now, i have shown now the real me (now confident) and they eventually accept me now and they are happy for who i am now.. Claim that u are now free through Jesus.. Free from the past, and rejections.

Best Answer

wear a crucifix.

Best Answer

Yeah though I walk through the vally of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.<br />
If God bring you to it, He will bring you through it, not without pain, but without stain. <br />
As far as religion goes, it is not for you to save the world... it is for you to be a good person and to love those around you, unconditionally, but not stupidly. Live and let live, and you should have nothing to fear. Don't judge others... everyone has some cross they are bearing right now. If you can help them carry their cross... then help. If you can't help them, then don't hinder them. If you desire to share the love of God with people who do not believe in God, then let them hear those words through your actions, not through your words.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Some of the good replies/advice from my friends: if the people know about your "ridiculous" past, then show them the Christian you now. and, Jesus should be your example on how to face the world. how did He face the world? is it by hiding? being in seclution? no! he went out to the world and be with the world. Gather the strength from God. besides, you can never claim that you are faithful until you are being tempted from side to side. be with the world, but just like what Jesus did, He did not do the worldly things. ask God for wisdom. He will surely give it to you. ================== Never think of the thoughts that they might thinking about ur past, well, what u have to do is be confident for who you are now... And soon, they will be blessed on u, for the new you. and they will soon accept the transformed person like u... Im like u before, in my case,..i have a past of having social phobia,.. they know me as having no care to the world,. they dislike me so much.. but now, i have shown now the real me (now confident) and they eventually accept me now and they are happy for who i am now.. Claim that u are now free through Jesus.. Free from the past, and rejections.

Best Answer

Be in the world, not of the world.
God did not send us to earth to enjoy comforts, it is right and just that we should be uncomfortable, that we should face situations in which we must overcome... to rise, and through our faith in God, become more worthy of the faith he has placed in us. The greatest difficulty that I face in my journey these days is knowing that I put God above everything in my life... and in God's eyes I am but one grain of sand on beach, my value is no more, or no less than that of all the other grains of sand. When people think about heaven, of course we all want to think that it will be all joy and abundance, no pain, no sorrow, just wonder and light, and total happiness.... but to achieve that state, we cannot live in the darkness of hiding from our fears. People say that in heaven our greatest task will be to love and serve the Lord and to sing his praises... but God does not ask that we bow in worship and reverence to HIM... what God says is that as we do unto the least of us, that we do also to him. If we truly want to love and serve the Lord, we show that in loving and serving each other.... and you can't do that if you only stay within your comfort zone The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay... Love isnt Love until you give it away. Demons are real. Evil is real. In the end days, there will be people who have the strength to cast out demons.... but how many people will have the strength to keep them? It is God's desire that NO ONE should perish. If violence was the answer, God would be violent... but violence is not the answer, Love is, and God is love. Love does not exist in and of itself, but grows when it is shared. Love is not what we feel when we are devoid of human contact, it is what we long for that causes us to venture out. So we must love others... especially those unworthy of love! This little light is mine... so first we must find our own light. We must accept our own short comings, and then, just as God has forgiven us, we must also forgive ourselves. Through forgiveness we learn unconditional love - through unconditional love, we learn what God is. Religion gives us some pretty rigid guidelines on what God is, what he wants, and what we must do to achieve Salvation.... but there is only one thing that we need to get that... and it has nothing to do with us... for it is by God's grace, and through GODS GRACE ALONE that you are saved. It is in God's eyes that you are beautiful, and perfect, you are forgiven and you are redeemed...and the only thing that God asks from us is that we go forth and love one another... of course there are 10 commandments... and they all have to do with treating each other with love...God has placed the light of the world in you, and asked that you go and be the light of the world. "This little light is mine...i'm gonna let it shine". It is scary to go out into the darkness... but that is the only place your light will shine. To proclaim a faith in God, and yet hide behind a fear is to speak with two tounges... If God is with you, whom then shall you fear? What task would God give you that he would not give you the means to complete?

Best Answer

You have grown up in a disgusting environment. <br />
The world is not that secular, the majority of people are religious. The only truly secular aspect is in first-world politics, where there is not much exclusive treatment to religion in favour or against.<br />
There is nothing special about people in the Church for you to fear them less. Human beings by nature are sinful filth, so you have reason to be weary of people regardless of what organizations they are involved in and what religion they are or lack thereof. My advice to you for facing the so-called secular world is to ponder whether there is really a reason to fear secular environments over religious ones, after all they both include people. People have a variety of motivations, beliefs, and desires--uncertainty and risk is an inherent part of the social reality.

Best Answer

Get fookin' life, Mate.

Best Answer

You're real helpful.

Best Answer

Maybe your faith isn't as strong as you think.

Best Answer

i am part jewish and i have a fear of Muslims so i can relate to how you feel

Best Answer

Look to Your New Testament What kind of people did Jesus seek out and teach to?<br />
The lowly,the sick,the poor.Those who needed Him.Christian means Christ-like.

Best Answer

Yes, you're right. Some of the good replies/advice from my friends: if the people know about your "ridiculous" past, then show them the Christian you now. and, Jesus should be your example on how to face the world. how did He face the world? is it by hiding? being in seclution? no! he went out to the world and be with the world. Gather the strength from God. besides, you can never claim that you are faithful until you are being tempted from side to side. be with the world, but just like what Jesus did, He did not do the worldly things. ask God for wisdom. He will surely give it to you. ================== Never think of the thoughts that they might thinking about ur past, well, what u have to do is be confident for who you are now... And soon, they will be blessed on u, for the new you. and they will soon accept the transformed person like u... Im like u before, in my case,..i have a past of having social phobia,.. they know me as having no care to the world,. they dislike me so much.. but now, i have shown now the real me (now confident) and they eventually accept me now and they are happy for who i am now.. Claim that u are now free through Jesus.. Free from the past, and rejections.

Best Answer

I get the impression that you feel comfortable being the guy with all the answers as the one who knows the bible as others don't. This is a comfortable position to be in, like a school teacher with his students. But, you realise that you are not an authority on anything when it comes to the secular world, and that strips you of your feeling of comfort that comes from your knowledge. If that's the case, think of how you viewed your congruents. Even though they didn't know what you did, you still respected and loved them, didn't you ? Well, they would feel the same about you when you are in the secular world. Just realise that those who lacked knowledge and that you could guide, will be the ones that will be able to guide you if you are willing to be led. It's a new situation for you to be in which can be scary but, it's nothing you haven't experienced before. Remember when you first went to seminary and everything was new and potentially scary ? You made it then, and you'll make it now, if you put into it what you did then. Good luck.

Best Answer

If god is compelling you into the secular world, he must have a purpose for you there. Odds are very unlikely that you will be violently executed as was jesus. Offer any suffering you do encounter up to god as a way of understanding what jesus went through for your sins.<br />
Alternatively, there are cloistered contemplative communities which you could join. Google will help you find one. Good luck finding your way and if you do join us, welcome.

Best Answer

Just remember that all the people in this world, both Christians and non Christians are ALL God's children. You don't need to be afraid of your brothers and sisters. Jesus loves them, so should you.

Best Answer

All are creation from God.

Best Answer

Indeed. So why the fear?
The world can be an intimidating place, but the gospel of Christ is not a gospel of fear. Remember, perfect love casts out all fear. Remember the new commandment Jesus gave his disciples during the last supper, "As I have loved you, love one another." He wasn't just talking about the 12 guys in the room at the time. That's a commandment for everybody.
Remember the admonition of Paul, "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (love), I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2 (KJV)
I don't think God wants us to lock ourselves away from the world trying to keep ourselves unstained from their wicked ways, just reading the scriptures and speaking of holy things all day. I think God wants us to get out there and learn to love people.
Be careful not to be like the slothful servant from the parable of the talents who buried his talent in the ground out of fear that he might lose it. The other servants took risks, they went out into the world and invested their talents, doubling their money and the master was pleased. But the slothful servant had his talent taken away and he was cast out.
Remember, Jesus spent His time talking with sinners, not with the churchgoing faithful of his day. Contrary to what a lot of people think, the religion of Jesus Christ is not an institution for perfect people. It's more like a hospital for the sick. We worship God, not because we are holy, but rather because we are NOT holy. We read scriptures, not because we know the answers, but because we seek the answers. We pray, not because we are worthy enough to speak to God, but because we are sinners seeking salvation. And finally, we love others, not because we want love in return, but because God loved us first.
Jesus said "make ye friends of the mammon of unrighteousness" (Luke 16:9 KJV, which admittedly is a super confusing translation) the NLT version gives some clarity, "Here's the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home."
In other words, you need to get out into the world and get to know people who are not of your faith, make genuine friends, use the talents, wealth and opportunities God has blessed you with to bless their lives. Maybe they'll see your example and decide Christianity is cool, and maybe they won't. The important thing is that you love them.

Best Answer

Wow this question is so wide open to attack from so many directions. But you have stated fear of us pagans/heathens so I don't want to feed that fear. I was raised in a strict pentecostal home so I presume your fears stem from your fear of being influenced by us "satanic" heathens who have rejected religion and it's dogma. <br />
Truth is, atheists are no more violent or prone to criminal deeds that christians are. Just look around at all the evidence of that in the world. <br />
I recommend that you either stick with your christian clique or else just don't push the religion thing. When a christian tries to preach at me I will just politely tell them to give it a rest because I have already bean there and done that and I do not want to discuss it anymore. One of the things that bug me about the christian dogma is that it is elitist. As in,"We will all be going to paradise when we die and everyone else will be going to hell and suffer intolerably for eternity simply because they are not born again christians." So many religions teach this same thing. I refuse to play this russian roulette lottery. <br />
Anyway, "Welcome to the real world Facedown." :-)

Best Answer

As long as you don't try to shove your religion down people's throats, you'll be fine. By the way, how the hell did you manage to avoid non-Christian people until now, there are plenty of them around?

Best Answer

I'm in the ministry and at the Bible School for years.

Best Answer

Oh my...Well it's not going to be easy, what with the world outside of your community being very different. Keep an open mind, don't judge and don't preach.

Best Answer

I'm not judging. And i love preaching.

Best Answer

That's too bad then, because people who are not religious or Christian hate it.

Best Answer

i actually came up with a theory for the universe where god created the universe which was the big bang then left everything to grow and evolve for itself but thats just a theory and im agnostic and for your problem try speaking to people who arent christian online first over time start going out and try to talk to one or 2 people who arent christian each day until you get better its as simple as that all you need to do is ignore the fear like i ignore pain.14

Best Answer

A Catholic priest named Monsignor Georges LemaƮtre already came up with that theory in the 1920's. It was called "The Big Bang Theory".
I remember feeling really original when I had that same thought as kid, but then I actually read what LemaƮtre wrote. There's nothing new under the sun, just folks who haven't figured it out yet.

Best Answer

he wouldnt really call it the big bang theory because the big bang theory would be of just the big bang not of god being or creating the big bang because that is the big bang theory that god did not create this world but some sort of explosion that was created from a huge amount of energy being condensed into a pin ***** mine is where god made that pin ***** which would become the big bang to then create the universe.

Best Answer

There's no reason to be afraid, just don't go around being "That Christian Guy", trying to convert everyone and you'll do fine.

Best Answer

thanks.

Best Answer

Why should you fear what God made?

Best Answer

Depends what you call un christian, look for love and you can't go wrong, look to your own hatred, you'll find plenty.

Best Answer