supernovaChic supernovaChic 22-25, F 5 Answers Sep 2 in Parenting & Family

Sometimes, asking something politely may not get though to them if your always polite to begin with. Maybe you need to be stern about it? He might see that your serious.

Best Answer

That's understandable. I've tried being stern with him but he sort of just yells at me and brings up how he's two years older than I am. Which makes no sense considering I'm helping him out and doing him the favor of living in my condo. The least he could be is grateful. He's extremely self centered and think the world revolves around him. He's very demanding as well. He demands my bf to take him everywhere he needs to be and sort of throws a hissy fit if my bf can't take him. He shows no responsibility and it's really annoying. I feel like there's really no way to speak to him without him getting so defensive and mad.

Best Answer

Instead of making this a long conversation here. Could you send me a message and I'll talk with you more that way?
I might, not sure but might have a few ideas.

Best Answer

if you have to ask him, you probably are past the politely stage.
remind him the arrangement was temporary so you would like to know when you're getting your couch back.

Best Answer

I'll mention that he's been living with my boyfriend and I for six months, eats all of our food, doesn't respect our house or keep his room/bathroom clean, he lies about work and gets mad when you bring up the subject of plans of moving out...so it's super hard and complicated. My boyfriend and I don't want him here forever obviously. This is only a temporary thing and he needs to be responsible. So how do I go about asking him when he plans on moving on. I don't know what to say, I feel like I have to walk on eggshells in my own house...

Best Answer