Kgod Kgod 22-25, M 11 Answers Sep 19, 2010

nobody will ever forget what happen in the past but to move on you need to look at it in different way that you can be who you are and start by accepting things that may hurts and overcome all the trial and shortcomings this way you will be happy person again and love what life is all about....

Best Answer

u need to forgot the past in start a new life. because past is past

Best Answer

You can always start over; aren't we all constantly evolving? Today is tomorrow's past. As for forgetting the past, good luck...I can't help you there. My mom was verbally and emotionally abusive throughout my childhood. I was able to forgive her on her deathbed, thank God. But I can't forget, and it's been 10 years since she passed. The verbal put-downs reverberate in my ear as if I heard them yesterday. To this day, my self-esteem is effected, and if I haven't' been successfully in shutting it out by now, I supose I'll hear her heaping abuse on me til the day I die. So I could forgive, but couldn't forget.

Best Answer

You cant. And you shouldnt. The past sucks- take what you learnt from it to create a better you and a better present and future.<br />
--------<br />
I disagree. I have the ability to change- as I have and still is doing. The future is just what I want it to be. It hasnt happened yet so lighten up will you.

Best Answer

The past is just the future yet to be written. If your past sucks your future probably will too. The same situation never presents it"s self twice. So whatever you learn will be flawed.

Best Answer

In regard to your last comment, your full of crap, I made a hell of a change in my life, yes it does color my future, but it is not the paint of which it is made. Get your head out of your self pity and decide to move forward, you can't change your past, ain't going to happen, but you can dang sure change your future. God did give us self determination, use it. The take Rolle's idea and put it to use, you don't have to write it down if you don't want to but stop seeing yourself as a failure, destined to continue your past, you are not unless you will it so.

Best Answer

Here's how they did it at AA:<br />
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol — that our lives had become unmanageable.<br />
2. We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.<br />
3. We each made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.<br />
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.<br />
5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.<br />
6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.<br />
7. We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.<br />
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. (There was a great Seinfeld episode about this step, when George felt the James Spader character had not sufficiently apologized for a cutting remark made at a party about the size of George's head)<br />
9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.<br />
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.<br />
11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.<br />
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Best Answer

Truly

Best Answer

Im in the process of doing the same thing ~ I got no advice other then to be patient and act with only good intensions ~ "Some days I drop keys & some days I build cages." ~ One day @ a time" ~ Liv in the now ~ You cannot change the past and you cannot predict the future ~ Today's actions will either help build a positive 2morrow or destroy it ! ~ The choice is yours ~ Good luck ~ Luck has little 2 do with it, just a saying ~ Cheers ~

Best Answer

How we all wish we could develop amnesia at times! But we can't. And that's a good thing, though you don't realize it now. Your mistakes will shape you and guide you so that you will never, ever make them again, and you will become a stronger and better person in the future. The trick is learning to live with the pain of your past.<br />
Write a journal. Day One. Goals. What I want for myself is.....What I would like to achieve in life is......<br />
Then sit and think what you need to do and how you need to change your life to achieve your goals.<br />
In working for your goals and working toward something positive, the pain of your past will slowly fade, and you will gradually become what you want to be.

Best Answer

Sounds new. I'll give it a try. Thank you

Best Answer

We all have something we find hard to move on from,but no matter how bad it is we have to be able to deal with the bad thats happened,try talking to some one ,close friend,write down all your pain on a sheet of paper then burn it,make a new start,it worked for me to do this,may sound funny but helped me.

Best Answer

I've tried that, It was lame but I've been running low on options so, I keep doing it. I don't think it's helping but thank you.

Best Answer