If you are getting cold at night you may want to either dress warmer or turn up the heat. There are several things that can cause muscle cramps that won't go away. A lack of magnesium, which gets more common as we age, potassium or calcium can do it. Drinking coffee, tea or sodas can wash those minerals out of the body. I take magnesium about every day to prevent cramps and have for about 2 years now. If you don't want to take a pill take a hot soaking bath for about 20-30 minutes with Epsom Salts which is just magnesium & sulfur. You can also take a long soak in a bath with Bath Therapy bath salts, they really help.

Best Answer

I found out Potassium has caused me these conditions. Always got them on eating Bananas and Avocados. I also heard magnesium works with the muscles and I have this supplement. I haven't taken any of my magnesium for a couple weeks. Perhaps I will take one and see what results I get? Going to take a hot bath soak. Do not have Epsom Salt though.

Best Answer

If the hot bath alone doesn't help then you probably need the minerals.

Best Answer

If you close your toes real hard that will take it away usually. An it might be not enough potassium in your diet.

Best Answer

dehydration can cause this , not enough water,salt, potassium. magnesium and calcium. eat bananas and drink a lot of water.

Best Answer

I think it means you need salt.

Best Answer

Interesting! I have to stay off Salt because of having Hypertension problems. And taking Hypertension medication perhaps tries taking what salt does (?) could be my Hypertension Medication that is trying to counter act what Salt is more likely to cause of me at having High Hypertension. Interesting.

Best Answer

Oh dear. I wouldn't know what to do then in your situation.

Best Answer