my anxiety has always stopped me from doing everything. i really need this job or i wont be able to eat. please help me find a way. i need a technique or something so i can push threw and land this job and actually have money coming in. everything is depending on me right now.
thenewguylol thenewguylol 18-21, M 9 Answers Jun 30, 2012

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo | Buddhism | Soka Gakkai International (SGI), just chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to yourself to calm your breathing.

Best Answer

Do some visualizing see yourself going to the interview & how good you will be see only positive visions do this daily & get into this mind set on the day it will be easy

Best Answer

Despite my aversion to medication- If your anxiety is that debilitating, you may require some. Besides that, I would get 9 hrs of sleep every night until Friday. I would eat well and take a daily vitamin supplement as well. I would research the company that you are interviewing with on-line and learn as much about them as possible. I would refresh my memory of the skills I have that are required of this job. In a nutshell...I would PREPARE. My clothing, documentation, memory and skills; <br />
So, when I was in the interview, I was confident. People have confidence in those that have confidence in their abilities. You may not have all the right answers, but expressing you willingness and desire to learn is often as valuable as knowing how to do it in the first place. Another piece of advice- give thoughtful, detailed answers to questions, but don't allow your anxiety to make you ramble on. Listen.

Best Answer

I use to put a dab of peppermint oil and remind myself to breathe in the pleasant smell, and I would wiggle my toes. This technique was cheap, maybe $2.00, you can choose whatever favor you find pleasant. This got me through my surgical rotations. Even when I had to hold an amputes leg with gangrene for two hours. It really works. I would take slow deep breaths, and remind myself to wiggle my toes. Good luck with the job interview, tell your self over and over you can get the job before you go. Don't be your worst enemy, learn to love yourself and have faith in myself. These simple techniques have truly helped me. Lol

Best Answer

You have to go to Doc and Therapy. I suffer too, try something in the meantime. I think it is about $20, at a health food store. It is called Rescue Remedy. It works! Not a drug, and it gets you just where you need to be. Good Luck! I will be praying.

Best Answer

Realize that they have a job opening and they wish to interview YOU for it. That means that you have the qualities that they are looking for. Don't think about what is on the line, or you may be too anxious to do well. Practice test questions and formulate answers to them before you go into the interview. That way your answers will be automatic and you will seem confident and self assured to them to them.

Best Answer

Think of common interview questions and how you would answer them. Practice talking at home in front of a mirror. I know its scary, but its a part of life, and avoiding it will cause you more anxiety in the long run

Best Answer