Firstly congratulate yourself for having such a hard working and active mind. Some people re almost brain dead at he best of time - so be proud of your hard working problem solving brain. <br />
Now - how to get to sleep? <br />
Several things I have heard about <br />
1) Dont eat anything after 8PM - indigestion may stop you sleping<br />
2) Dont eat spicy foods beore going to bed - as above indigestion may stop you sleeping<br />
3) Don't drink caffiene during the day especially PM - that can prevent you relaxing to go to sleep<br />
4) Establish a routine - aregulr bed time so your body gets into a rythm of sleep<br />
5) Do something relaxing before bed to wind down - read a book (dont watch scary movies etc)<br />
6) Make your bed comfortable - and make the room relaxing not too hot not too cold etc<br />
7) Remove noises - close the window and tund the radio off<br />
8) resolve any issues you can - you wont sleep if you are worryied you didnt let the cat in<br />
9) Dont smoke - that can release adenaline and prevent sleep<br />
10) A hot milky drink will help to soothe your body and mind <br />
11) avoid stenuous exercise before going to bed (releases adrenaline etc)<br />
12) have a warm bath or showere before going to bed<br />
13) Wear comfortable bed clothes - anything too tight or itchy will stop you sleping<br />
14) make sure your pillows are right for you, not too high or too soft etc <br />
15) Make your bed properly - covers that are too tight or fall off leaving you cold will stop you sleeping<br />
The mind ... <br />
A) I had similar problems. I take problems and issues on board and try to work them out, even when I am trying to sleep my brain carries on and the problems keep popping up to the surface. The only way I found of stopping that is to give my brain a new priority problem to work on. The problem I chose was what will I do when I win the lottery! <br />
When I get to bed - if it is one of those nights, I throw the lottery question into my mind and let her go. Assuming I win $10,000,000 what do I do. There are always new ways to think of spending that money, exciting projects, helping disabled kids etc etc. That takes over and for me the pleasure in planning those fits and presents for myslef relaxes me, diverts my mind off the problems and I am soon asleep. I have never managed to spend more than a couple of million before I fall asleep. <br />
Good luck - sleep sound <br />
There must be more things you can do to help you to sleep
Good - it that I can her you snoring ????
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
you dont need herbs or pills to control your own thoughts you just have to practice.....<br />
That is what meditation is all about.<br />
There is various methods<br />
1) would be to practice concentrating on something else (say your breath) you just watch it and when ever you realize that you attention has been hi jacked by ANYTHING but your target (observation of the breath) then you count it and move back. 10 mins beginner<br />
2) an even simpler one is to watch your thoughts and try not to be caught up in them and a good way to do this is, as the thought enters your mind you acknowledge it by labeling it....<br />
Ie worry, daydream, tomorrow, plan, anger memory etc and the act of doing this puts you in a 3rd person perspective in that you are the observer instead of being swept up in the thought.<br />
This is a practice done by Buddhist monks.<br />
im not saying its easy... in fact meditation practice can be quite grueling but like exercise when you get good at it the rewards are seriously hardcore
dress up as a pirate
can u feel it
Just put all your body parts to sleep, starting with the toes & going up. If you think of each body part going to sleep you won't even get to your head... You'll be asleep!
My pleasure. I forgot to add, when you do it you must concentrate on your breathing & listen to it. It really works. x
my friend turned me on to this tea for stress relief..its called Yogi-Kava its awesome..very relaxing stuff
Yeah it isnt the best tasting,but it works..
It may sound weird but I close my eyes and look at my eye lids and ask myself what do you see? Pitch black so I try to look harder to see anything else without opening my eyes. After while that **** start to hurt and my eye lids get so heavy that next thing I know I'm knocked out. But as far as your situation I would say talk to someone who can get your mind off of the loser who just lost a blessing and then try to go bed. Or listen to the most boring music ever that you hate. Hope this helps.
Love hehe your welcome. You should always see it as you will find someone better and its always they loss because you know what your worth and what you have to offer. Its to your advantage because a good woman is hard to find. So one person loss will be another person gain.
Write about your feelings, you'll be surprised how it can help ease the breakup too. Keep writing till you fall asleep lol. Read an interesting book before bed, it may get you tired but if it's interesting enough you won't want to stop turning pages. Learn a new language & practice it when you trying to sleep. Basically anything that helps stop you from over analyzing the breakup, otherwise you'll never get sleep! you can spend all your time thinking about your breakup but it's not going to change the fact it's over, just gotta accept it, hold your head high & get some good sleep lol.
Let me know cause I am having the same problem tonight. It's almost 4:00am and I still can't get to sleep
Home Delivery VALIUM.<br />
And don't forget the tip.
You can't it is impossible
Every thing is possible even the word say impossible means i am possible