been out of work two yrs, lost my job over two hip surgeries, i was in a resort and they wouldnt let me do sit down work so i had to leave and later had a knee one, my friend likes to be controlling, like when i left my job i told her i wanted to go to this christian shelter and she said i wont let you, its not safe and i'll pay your rent, i ended up with hud housing, now someone is real interested in me and wants me for a live in nanny with a 6 wk old boy, i know my friend thinks im too stupid to do it but im actually good with babies and little kids, i cant just not tell her cause ive been borrowing her furniture so she will need to come get it so its not like i can just leave, i still wonder what that shelter wouldve been like and i know i couldve gotten disability faster for staying in one, i dont qualify for it and been living on 0 income for 2 yrs so i want to take this job, so how do i get her to stay out of my business and let me do what i need to do? any suggestions?
lederman lederman 51-55, F 2 Answers Feb 26 in Community

Put on your big girl panties, tell her you are taking the job, and she needs to come get her stuff. <br />
If she prevented you from getting disability that you were entitled to and needed, she didn't do you any favors by loaning you some furniture.

Best Answer

youre right, she prevented me from getting ssi by keeping me away from the shelter where i couldve gotten it faster for being homeless

Best Answer

Tell her you appreciate her past help and you feel you need to do this for you

Best Answer