i have asked other bis for advice but all our family situations are different so each answer was bias and left me more confused. So now id like an outsiders perspective, any & all advice is appreciated.
FromNowUntilForever FromNowUntilForever 18-21, F 25 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Family Struggles

dont tell her

Best Answer

Just sit her down and calmly tell her, If she really loves you, she'll be all right with it. If she can't accept it right away, just give her time. I think it'll be fine, though.

Best Answer

Don't. Its none of her business.

Best Answer

i really want to just tell u to tell u to say "mom I'm bi" but I know its easier said than done. I'd say sit down and tell her when ur ready. Unless u just really want to get it off ur chest. But listen, she is ur mother. She should love u no matter what! It will be worth it in the long run trust me :)

Best Answer

I guess I have to wonder why. Do you feel the urge to tell her how you like your privates played with? Leave it alone, I see no value in it.

Best Answer

Talk to her one on one, let her know your still the same person you've always been, but you feel the potential to fall for either a man or a woman.

Best Answer

This can be really tough for some people. I dont know what your mom is like but, I do know that just about every mom has a love for their children that cant be broken no matter the reason. You should sit down with her and tell her that you have to tell her something important. Then when you have her full attention let it out. Tell her all your feelings about it. I know that your mom will accept you for who you are and you will feel better about letting her know. When I told my mom it changed nothing between us. In fact it made us closer because she knew I trusted her with whatever situation or problem that I had.

Best Answer

You should definitely tell her. Tell everyone and don't try to hide yourself. Trust me, you try to keep something like that secret and hidden away and you will start to slowly wither away. You will be angry and depressed and never happy. It will kill you. Just let it out. Do it now while you are young so that you can live a happy life. I kept being gay a secret from almost everyone for like 20 years. I have been depressed and suicidal for a long time. I finally couldn't take it anymore and let it all out last year, at age 34. I am now very happy. I live my life my way, instead of hidden in my shell. I feel so free. I wish I had just done it when I was younger, but you have to do these things when the time is right for you. Anyway, I hope this helps you. Peace. :-)

Best Answer

I'm bi. I haven't told my family. I don't think they'd care (given that my sister is lesbian and they don't give her **** for it), but it isn't really their business. If they need to know, they'll find out. If not, I don't care.

Best Answer

How I told my mom was basically just getting on the phone with her and telling. I had my sister sit beside me as I talked with her, my mom cried and she said she needed to process it, which was fine. I thought she was mad at me, thinking I was gross or something but that wasn't it. She was just afraid that I was going to be beat up and tormented like all the others out there, that she's heard of and she feared for my life, like a real mother would do. <br />
Don't be afraid to tell your mom. If you have no real fear that is possibly linking to anything, there is no reason to really worry. If you're still nervous, do these two things: 1. Tell her when YOU'RE ready to tell her and 2. Tell her with your sister, brother or close friend.

Best Answer

Email her instead of speaking it

Best Answer

why do you need to tell your mom ??!! are you by any chance planning to make out with her ?

Best Answer

How about not labeling yourself? If and when you get into a serious relationship with another woman, then you can discuss it.

Best Answer

Why tell her? you can get away with having girls sleep over when you're at your mum's place.

Best Answer

How many ways are there to say, "By the way mom... I'm Bi."?

Best Answer

Sorry I have no experience with this good luck

Best Answer

well thanks anyways.

Best Answer

You're welcome hope it works out well for you

Best Answer