I really feel bad keeping this from them and I want to tell them so bad. But the thimg is, im afraid on how they'll react. I wouldn't know what to do, im really scared, I dont want to hurt them. But either way, I still am. Please help? Should I tell my parents or not? And if I should, how is the best way to tell them without hurting them?
Sweetsloive Sweetsloive 13-15, F 10 Answers Feb 17, 2013 in Parenting & Family

I have listened to you, and heard your request. I've come to tell you that this is only a test. You know your parents better then any of us, and lets be truthful here. If they care about you and only desire you do the best then yes they will get upset. What they do is completely up to them....again you know them better then anyone of us here. <br />
I am an ex-cutter and the parent of a daughter that is an ex-cutert-!.....It shocked me terribly but because I love her i learned more about the "why" people cut. You are not alone regardless of how you may feel. <br />
Pain and sorry can be expressed in may ways and you need help in finding a better, healthier way for you. You parents (may or may not) be able to help you their. Telling them is a start and "asking them to help you learn healthier ways of releasing those thoughts and emotions" is better. It may not seem that way at first they have to get over the initial shock. Ask them to learn with you in order to better help you. <br />
If i was there i would hold you and constantly tell you "you are worthy, you are loved"<br />
I believe you should start by listening to this song F**king perfect, By:Pink<br />
Find one with the lyrics you can read and you'll understand =) <br />
Be Well

Best Answer

they won't hate you for the rest of your life! they're your parents. they will probably be freaked out and very scared for you, but that's from love and not from hate. <br />
when i was self-harming, i could not find the words to express my pain so i just kind of... showed my mom "accidentally". I was grabbing something from the fridge and I turned my wrist in her direction acting like I didn't mean to. That way I didn't have to say anything and she would know I needed some help. <br />
You can just sit them down and come clean. but know that you can't control their reaction. if they get mad, that's their problem. I hope you figure things out, I know how hard that situation can be and wish you the best!

Best Answer

tell then that you want to go to therapy ( because my friend that will help you,if been in your shoes) and when they say why you explain that you have ended up self harming but you want to put a stop it. saying it like this will show them that you want to take the problem in your hands and fix it, so they would be proud of you to bring it up like that and ofcourse support you. remember that they will be shocked and extremely worried, they might get angry but you will have to explain yourself because they wont understand, just hang in there ok? i know its tough, and its hard but if you try hard enough you can do it just have a little faith in yourself. if you want to talk about it just message me :)

Best Answer

Sweetheart if you had parents you could talk to, you wouldn't be self harming! why expose your innermost soul to the very people who have some responsibility in creating your self harm. They will most likely panic think you are going to kill yourself, not know what to say or do and make things much much worse...if you have a School counselor...tell her. at least you will be met by some real acceptance and understanding. You are coping with your feelings by cutting. she will help you find safer, much better ways of releasing inner turmoil...which will probably involve feelings about your parents!! best of luck

Best Answer

Parental Disclaimer: Wow, please do understand a parents position on this, hard for them not to feel some sort of negative emotion on this.....however the MOST important thing to them should be that you shared and that you NEED there help to overcome this. Maybe a start to gauge there emotion is: I have something to talk/share with you that is important, please try to promise me you will hear me out first before you get upset. This is a tough one....i hope the best for you on getting help.

Best Answer

Just tell them, hon. Be courageous. They do love you.

Best Answer

Make a commitment to stopping it and seek their help.

Best Answer

You tell me. I could have done with knowing the answer to that about six years ago. Could have saved me a lot of difficulty since

Best Answer