There isn't a day that goes by that I don't consider suicide. It is so hard not to kill myself, but everytime I think of my family and friends I just know I couldn't do it to them. But I am still really depressed and I self-harm. So how do I tell someone and get some help?
iammyonlyfriend iammyonlyfriend 18-21, F 30 Answers May 27, 2009

1 800 784 2433 (USA)

1 800 799 4889 (USA)

For international numbers, because I don't know your location:

http://suicidehotlines.com/international.html

You can then click on the area you live, and talk to someone local....

Best Answer

"Be My Friend" ;)

Best Answer

i be ur friend :)

Best Answer

You can always count on EP-ians. We're all friends here. You can tell us anything you like. Even if its your death wish:-) We'll try our Best to help.

Best Answer

Just tell them. Everybody and anybody who will listen. Call any of those numbers, go to the hospital, go to your place of worship, a teacher, a coworker......the list goes on. Just ask for help and except it. Know that you are not alone. Good luck

Best Answer

I have had terrible thought also. I felt I would never actually do anything because I didn't want to hurt my family. I have shared my thoughts with my husband and being completely honest helps. I think you love your family this proves you are a good person. Concern for your family shows deep inside you realize they love you too. The loss of your life would bring tremendous pain to them. I suggest being completely honest and open with your thoughts the freedom from lonliness alone will help.

Best Answer

There is a solution to all problems but because you are very depressed you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Talk to your family or the helplines as given by other people who have answered your question. Your life is so precious. Please get urgent help, contact snowflakeinhell above if you do not want to talk to your family. I am so happy that everybody who has answered this question gave you such wonderful advice and I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all as this is a very serious situation. Take care xxx

Best Answer

Well the thing to remember is that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Life is nothing but a series of problems put in front of us. Whatever it is that is depressing you, you need to understand that it is there for you to overcome and develop as a person. If you hate yourself or someone else, then you need to learn to love yourself or that person (or at least learn not to resent him or her). If you hate the world, then you need to learn to love the world. Once you learn to give up resentment, hate, and stop looking on the negative side, you will soon learn that things are nowhere near as bad as they seem and you will feel a big burden lifted off your shoulders.

You will see the beauty in life which has been clouded by these negative experiences and your reaction to them.

Hang in there, it may take a long time and it will be a tough ride, but I promise it will be worth it!

Best Answer

can you see how many people care i dont realy no who you are and i give a damn you make sure to call one of the numbers that has been posted okay.

Best Answer

Just tell someone PLEZ! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Whatever it is, it will pass! It is not worth it. I have had those feelings before but knowing how much grief my family would feel, kept me hanging on. I couldn't do it to my baby who had already lost one parent.

Best Answer

Talk about it to someone. If you dont feel comfortable telling your family or friends, you can call any agency, and they will help you out. I understand how you are feeling right now.

Best Answer

Please-please don't kill yourself. Don't know what your situation is but don't do it. Nothings ever that hopeless..

Or family suffers from depression-it's just a little chemical imbalance. My sister got some medicine from her doctor and is better. Please go see even your family doctor. THere's alot of help out there. Last october I was there and then realized it was the job I was at that was so depressing so I quit. Fell 100 percent better. If you just need someone to talk to you can get ahold of me whenever you want. JUst don't do it. Everone's a valuable human beingso are you..

Best Answer

How about saying...I want to kill myself. That would work.

Best Answer

Don't not-die for your family or friends. All that will do is make you more miserable and you'll feel guilty about wanting to kill yourself despite them being there. Find a reason that you want to live, not a reason to not-die. Yes, there is a difference. Find something you genuinely *enjoy* doing. Learn a new skill, like knitting or pottery or pick up a new instrument. Join a martial art. Keep at it, and you'll feel like you don't do well at first, but you'll keep getting better and better until you are a master knitter or potter, or you play in a top-notch band, or you're a black belt. Don't not-die for others, live for yourself.

Best Answer

You just tell them. Figure out what you're going to say by considering what sounds best to you. Something like, "Mom/Dad, I know this is an awkward subject but, I have had suicidal thoughts and I don't know what to do about it". If they punish you for that, I'm sorry, we live in a culture with many taboos and suicide is one of them. At that point I would turn to someone outside your family. I realize I don't really know you're age but I think this advice would suit any age really.

Best Answer

hi all. whatever you do don't go to my (ex) psychaitrist when i said things were getting so bad and if they got any worse i would kill myself. Whereas the whole time he was smiling, he then asked me how i was going to do it, twice. at that point i told him he better shut up, and walked out (as i think i was going to choke him if i didn't leave.) By the way, i have bipolar, chronic depression, chronic anxiety disorder social phobia among other things. Thanks for reading

Best Answer

dont know man...i used to have a very good life..now i dont know what had happend what ever i do where ever i go there is something called "bad luck" which is following me earlier if i used to get thoughts like this i used to think that if i do smthing to my self what will happen to my parents i ll do smthing for them..but now same thoughts are running in my mind and now i am feeling like my parents are worried bcoz of me my family and everyone is worried bcoz of me i want to cry want to cry out loud and ask my god for mercy...i need a peacefull life i dont know .

i dont worth anything i have some health issues which i am not even sure what that problem is i have issues with my job.. i dont have money..i have so many dreams i want to make everyone happy but the things are not going through i cant talk to anyone i cant explain the pain and what problems i have things are striking inside me i am tired of thinking positive but nothng positive is happning wih my i dont want to kill my self bcoz i knw its wrong thats why i want to die,,,

i dnt know what mistakes i made bcoz of which i am goin through such issues in my life i love myself and i cant see my self in so much of pain

Best Answer

i want to kill myself but its so hard i got no1 to talk to my kids mum is nasty to me my dad got sent to jail my mum dont treat me like im her son i live on my own and im finding it so hard what can i do ?

Best Answer

Just do it. It'll be an endless state of perfect peace.

Best Answer

because these people are looking for an option other than suicide, it shows they are strong. it took so much for me to reach out, and when i was asking myself this question, a comment like this would have made me do it. I regret hoping i wanted to but i can fully understand where they are coming from. Please be for careful and mindful about what you are telling these people.

Best Answer

been there...talking about whats bothering you will help your cope...only is the listener is sympathetic...but guy was a drunk older man half my height...who hung around my gas station in orange county area....lol. But without realizing he helped me not end up killing myself. he had a drunk mans crush on me he is about 45 and i am 25 and not bad looking so there was no way it would ever happen...but he was happy just being there with me at the station while i did all my work. He even helped me until i got reprimanded. So talking helps lotz....then a good med like zoloft or welbutrin help. depression is a desease in my opinion that is like chronic...like diabetes...it progresses worse and worse is not treated and your life is not asjusted. I talked to my man about my depression always...and he at first didnt get it...until he suffered emotionally. Now he is sympathetic and will try to help me with my depressive moods a lot. So make a plan and surround yourself with supportive people. take meds do exercise and eat right...also sleep right. :)

Best Answer

i ust to be in the same situwashon my mum nowtist thi i was self harming and got intuch with my docter i was so angry at her but naw wen i llo back i no it was the writ thing to do and i wud b ded by naw if i didnt i think u shud wright a letter to the purson who u think will no best and do somthink for you and allso b simpthetik that wey youdout have 2 face the inbarisment ov saying it to them

Best Answer