Well our family got a new German Shepherd (and she's super cute). But unlike our other dogs, I had her sleep in my bedroom twice because I got too attached. Now she constantly sits near my door and whimpers, probably waiting for me to let her come in, but my mom wants her to be used to sleeping in the living room with the other dogs. ;_; how do I make my dog stop crying?
headphoneactress headphoneactress 13-15, F 4 Answers Apr 30 in Parenting & Family

You just have to suck it up for a while. She'll get the message!

Best Answer

All hail German Shepherds! (Ok...first of all, she whines because you are her pack mate & she thinks she must protect you; no matter how small she is.) Once she gets used to sleeping with the other dogs she'll be fine. You sound like me tho...I HATE it when my puppies whine...breaks my heart!

Best Answer

You train dogs with daily beatings, just like children. Jk, relax! My dog has separation anxiety, and only by taking him for extended walks- 6 miles or more- have I been able to moderate this set of behaviors. Your puppy may be different. You have multiple dogs? What are the age differences?

Best Answer

Some about a few years. I don't really know, because some were already with me since I was little. My mom's a dog lover :3

Best Answer

It would be nice if one of the older dogs would bond with the puppy. I had a much older dog when I got this one, and she did not like my new friend at all. I think that's part of the reason he became so dependent on me.

Best Answer