He has been using for almost a dozen years now and has been in about 15 rehabs and has just got out of another and is already shooting up again.
thenewestdaughter thenewestdaughter 31-35, F 7 Answers Dec 29, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Listen, You will do him a better justice by fixing yourself. Although it may seem difficult at first, you have to be able to say to yourself I am tired of the negative effects my brothers actions have brought to my life. You won't be turning your back on your brother you will be giving him an option. Offer an ultimatum, give him the opportunity to continue a life with you. Say, If you continue this negative behavior I will no longer stay in contact with you and support your addiction.

Best Answer

thanks this realy helps i been looking for a way to word it.

Best Answer

No problem. I hope everything works out for the best.

Best Answer

Work on you, be a power of example and when he complains you have it better than him tell him when he is ready you are willing to show the way. No nagging involved since active addicts tend to hate that. You can't control the actions of another.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

Your welcome. It is hard to watch someone you love fall to pieces.

Best Answer

its even harder when its three of them including my parents

Best Answer

You know that you can only control yourself and no other.

Best Answer

You should both do it together...

Best Answer

depends what it is; how hard it is to hide/what else it affects

Best Answer

it is affecting every one and every thing

Best Answer