I live in the US, and this nation is known for failing when it comes to helping those who have mental health problems. People go untreated and will commit crimes, then their illness is to blame. What about the fact that these people weren't treated because they lacked health care and didn't qualify for government assistance or disability because they didn't have a record of care because they could never afford to be seen? How responsible is society for the crime that was committed?
bgirl1116 bgirl1116 31-35, F 4 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Health

Here, in Canada, we have a much better health care system, but the mentally ill people still seem to fall through the cracks. They commit mostly petty crimes and are shuffled through the court system. If their families have no funds to seek private treatment for them, then it becomes a useless cycle between the courts and detox.

Best Answer

I agree with you. I will soon have a book written that will address that very problem. And how to head PTSD. I won't be out for a few months yet.

Best Answer

first of all they deny it.... then there is reticence

Best Answer

They deny being mentally ill? So do they try to fit in and play as normal as possible?

Best Answer

IM SORRY i didnt read the whole question, my answer is not appropriate. do you mind if i delete it?

Best Answer

I live in AU which arguably has a better system. But it's still not really that great.

Best Answer

Does your country have a great deal of crimes committed by those who are mentally ill?

Best Answer

Don't know - a few get shot by the police it would seem.

Best Answer