http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/30208-nbc-admits-no-assault-rifle-used-in-newtown-shooting/ "Pete Williams, who is NBC’s chief Justice correspondent, reported the following in the video posted above: This continues to be a very complex investigation and there is a lot of contradictory information out there, but we have some new information this morning (one month ago) from a couple of federal officials and state officials. They say now that there were actually four handguns inside the school, not just two as we were initially told. Four handguns and apparently only handguns that were taken into the school. We knew that Adam Lanza, the man said to be the gunman here, also had an ‘assault-style’ AR-15 -style rifle that he had had taken to the school, it was in the car he drove there, his mother’s car, but we have been told by several officials that he had left that in the car." Lanza was too young to legally own a handgun in CT. As per CT's government site - "Anyone under age 2
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25 9 Answers Jan 16, 2013 in Politics

Sorry...still looking for the point here: are you using this to argue that assault weapons be allowed because they weren't actually used to kill these people ? Or maybe handguns should be included in the ban because they were still able to be used to kill 27 people in one incident ?<br />
Or do you believe what that teacher said, that this was all a hoax and nobody is actually dead after all ? Honestly, I'd be happy enough to concede all of it, keep your guns, if that is so. But if 27 people were still shot to death, that's the bottom line for me. The type of firearm used is really kind of moot.

Best Answer

It means that gun laws do not need to be stricter. He was underage and thus the handguns he used were illegally acquired and used illegally.

Best Answer

Everyone sad about 27 people, no one cared about over 500 shot in Chicago last year. The gangs are shotting people here. No one makes a law to put gangs in jail. You can go to jail for killing a person driving drunk. People of Chicago are not allowed to carry hand guns to defend ourselves. Everyday someone is still being shot

Best Answer

Respectfully, that sounds like another thread altogether. This one was about the Newtown shooting.

Best Answer

@justmepat
Chicago has a no gun policy there dont they? thats working out great for them. and its the fault of the people of chicago they keep re electing the turds into office.

Best Answer

I agree with you, a LOT if not most of the facts around Sandy Hook are either unreported or grossly misrepresented. He had handguns, then it was an AR style rifle, then there was a shotgun in car...blah blah. What about the guy they chased into the woods with a helocopter? He apparently owned the car that Adam used and yelled to police..I'm not the shooter! All kinds of just poor reporting. Sadly, I doubt America will ever know all the facts, but only the media sensationalism.

Best Answer

People demanding gun control want to control your life. They want information released when they want it released and not necessarily when you get it. I'm sure they would be afraid of this statement and try to show it as a lie as it might be construed as circumstantial evidence that removing freedom won't prevent evil. Oddly enough, if you are so crazy as to believe removing freedom prevents evil, you are so tricked into evil, you have little hope.

Best Answer

I agree. Well said.
To quote some old white guy:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
------------Benjamin Franklin

Best Answer

How do I feel? I feel contempt for Adam Lanza's mother, who was an ignorant doomsday-prepping gun fetishist who believed in conspiracy theories about UN socialist takeover and all that crap that Obama haters like to spread. She taught Adam how to shoot and bought the guns he used. People who own and carry guns are more likely to get shot. She was the perfect example of how screwed up American gun lovers truly are. The gun lobby made the whole travesty possible. It wouldn't have happened at all if she weren't allowed to buy those guns. That's for sure.<br />
As for the conflicting info about what guns were used, details like that that give us the full complete picture always take days to get investigated. Reporter mobs don't have the patience for it.

Best Answer

This one person neglected her mentally disabled son thus, all gun owners are negligent based on my say so. Some sound logic there.

Best Answer

That's not what I wrote. I actually have asperger syndrome myself. It's called a syndrome and not a disorder for a reason: it's not that much of a disability. Everybody is capable of committing atrocities.

Best Answer

You didn't say that? What does this mean then - "She taught Adam how to shoot and bought the guns he used. People who own and carry guns are more likely to get shot. She was the perfect example of how screwed up American gun lovers truly are."?

Best Answer

Gun control is typical libtard feel good legislation. thats all. They are OK with murdering of children as long as its done by a doctor. THey need to watch their steps they are pushing the people to that POPEYE moment.

Best Answer

We the people of Illinois,do not have a right to carry hand guns to defend ourselves from gangs,bank robbers etc. Over 500 people had be shot last year,including children. Remember the terrorists are here in USA.

Best Answer