slimmmerman slimmmerman 41-45, M 5 Answers Dec 11, 2013 in Politics

I thought it showed a more human side to these usually formal and correct people.

So they can behave like the rest of us and enjoy a moment together.

I live in South Africa, and Madiba's memorial was a celebration of his life, a man (with De Klerk) who saved this country from a civil war, and united us together.

The locals took selfies, danced and sang, laughed and hugged each other (black and white). Very few tears or shredding of clothes, that maybe done at his funeral.

Best Answer

It was simply inappropriate behavior on the part of a US President. Obama is known for his lack of respect for both protocol and the Presidency.

Best Answer

Mandela would have liked it, probably got into the pic himself.

Best Answer

You simply have to look at the video. Again, Obama acted inappropriately and embarrassed our country.

Best Answer

So, even though the world was doing a celebration of Mandela's life, these three are supposed to not smile and share some happiness?

Best Answer

He was not elected to celebrate ... he was elected to lead. Too many problems here for him to fly with him entire family 1/2 way across the world.
His lack of leadership is embarrassing enough.... his celebrating on the taxpayers' dollar is even worse.

Best Answer

I think people see what they want to see whether it exists or not! So, you are saying that he should keep other world leaders at arms length and not have any ties to them except politically? What kind of leadership is that? Especially at the funeral for a man who was so for people getting along and enjoying each other. I have respect for Obama, knowing he can let loose and be just like everyone else!

Best Answer

The facts: Obama was representing the United States of America at a funeral. He and his family was there on taxpayer money. He was not there to "let loose".
His first duty is to deal with other heads of state politically and in a dignified manner.
What he does in private is his business, but in public, he needs to follow protocol and at least pretend to be dignified.

Best Answer

I know because they text me the photo. :)

Best Answer

I don't like Obama, but I think people are too eager to criticize him for dumb (s)hit.

Best Answer