They are artists and if they are good at their trade, all you have to do to know what they wanted you to feel is to simply look at the piece and feel it. But you can only interpret what they feel if they wanted you to.<br />
Not all, but many works of art have to do with emotion. You have to figure out the intent of the artist first. Either they wanted to show you something, express an emotion to you or elicit an emotion in you.<br />
Artists use many different tools to do this. Look for them. The easiest is people's ex<x>pressions in the piece. The color pallet is a huge tool. Bright vs. dark, high energy colors, angry colors, passive colors, even the absence of color.; how hard, broad or frequent the strokes and what type of strokes they are, how curvy or sharp the angles. If it's an open scene or tight scene, the lighting, force perspective.. The list goes on.

Best Answer

i notice myself getting affected by the intensity of the colors first, the brush strokes, the details...

Best Answer

thtts awesome...get that too....!

Best Answer

What does the picture do for you and how does it make you feel. What emotions does the art bring out in you? That's how you tell what the artist may have been or was feeling when doing the piece.

Best Answer

r u an artist

Best Answer

No, but I understnd the concept.

Best Answer

I'll tell them myself, rather then going through Art. He never repeats what I say correctly ever!<br />
No really art and artist express what it/they are feeling at the moment of feeling it, because we are often incapable of feeling their emotions, we can only interpret it as whether it is familiar to our own emotions thus we are moved or we are not moved by ones art.

Best Answer

Art has little to do with emotion

Best Answer

how cant it not.....aint it usd in therapy...?

Best Answer

study art history, then u will understand

Best Answer

com'on...!

Best Answer

art has more to do with politics, wars and corporations

Best Answer