I have so many ideas about what i want to do, but don't know where to start. I've wasted so much time trying to work out what to do with myself that i end up getting overwhelmed and scared and end up doing nothing in the end. I'm 21, unemployed, live with my parents and stuck in a rut of not being able to decide how to make a start in life. What's step 1??
arvella arvella 18-21, F 5 Answers Jun 8, 2012

Wow, can I relate, and I'm 49! (thankfully, I DON'T live with my parents, great people that they are) Someone once said to me, "at sea, you can't steer a ship that isn't moving". So, set sail! Translation... get a job, any job, and stick with it for a minimum of two years! See if it doesn't develop into something great. Or, give you a clearer sense of direction for your next choice. Good luck, and God bless your choices!

Best Answer

Reflection, and the love of truth. I have much more to say on the topic but i'm too tired.

Best Answer

My grandmother is my biggest inspiration in life. <br />
She devoted her life to helping others. She was warm, charismatic, funny, and her presence alone would brighten a room and make everyone feel at ease and like they were loved. I remember when I was a little girl, I would go places with her and actually get a little jealous that Grandma had to divide her time and attention with so many people besides me, but as I grew older and that childish jealousy waned, I saw and realized what an amazingly selfless person she really was.<br />
She was a mother of five, a dutiful and tolerant wife, and a sparkling hostess. She opened her home to everyone, fed them, listened to them for hours until they left her home feeling rejuvenated and hopeful again. She volunteered with many organizations, she was a Nursing Assistant, and she was a volunteer counselor at a drug and alcohol recovery support center right up until she died.<br />
She taught me everything I know about kindness, compassion, faith, love, and healing. She is the biggest inspiration for me on how I want to live my life.

Best Answer

You could start by going to a career advisor at a local college.

Best Answer

Join the Peace Corps. Make a difference. It also will set you up for life with help going to school and getting a job when you get home. I've never heard anyone have regrets about joining the Peace Corps. It's a chance to become more, do more, and connect with other people, plus see a completely different side of the world.

Best Answer