LetMeGo2 LetMeGo2 41-45, F 38 Answers Jan 26, 2010

I smile, because i understand that we are all in a different place in life. Different point of views and ways of expressing ourselves. Don't get upset 'cause if you do, your only feeding your EGO. Remember that people are mirrors. They're there for you to see, what you are or what you could be. :-)

Best Answer

I politely let them know that I am not as stupid as they seem to think I am.

Best Answer

First I get really ticked off.

Then I pull out my arsenal of long words.

I might tell him that I am not completely insouciant to his opinion, appreciate for all practical purposes the verisimilitude of his ideas, and would appreciate in the future a less parsimonious or penurious approach in the liberality of sharing ideas. Wouldn't he agree?

Doesn't hurt to make words up either.

This usually works for me because the people who are most likely to talk down to me to begin with are the ones who wouldn't know a rapscallion from his skulduggery.

REALLY!

; )

Best Answer

I will snap on my family and others quickly or check them in an instant but when its my friend I tend to hold back.its very bad...I allow my friends to talk to me crazy and don't say anything aloud but I do in my head but that's because I'm afraid to hurt their feelings but obviously they don't care about mine.Makes me question them and myself on why I can defend myself to others but friends I hold back.

Best Answer

I guess it depends on the circumstances, if I think I've done the wrong thing and it's deserved I will let them have their say and accept it.

But if it's some random person trying to insult me for no good reason, I will threaten them and get right in their face to see how they like it being done to them. I've struggled all my life to achieve goals and accepted put downs in my younger years. But as I've gotten older. I have no patience for unnecessary rudeness. I see my self as doing society a favour by putting people like that in their place so they'll think twice next time they want to insult someone for no good reason.

Best Answer

I leave the room. I won't stand around and be abused by anyone again.

Best Answer

Walk away, I refuse to give them the impression that have any influence over me at all, besides I have discovered that saying nothing and just looking at them with a real I feel sorry for you look ****** them off more that anything I could say. They get off on making people feel bad, I feel sorry for them.

Best Answer

Well now, this has happened many of times throughout my life and I just let them feel in charge since Karma is on my side and will definitely find and seek them out in the future. I mean they are the ones struggling for whatever reason. So really, I just have to live in that moment and let the other person say what they wish and smile deep inside my-self knowing that what goes around will come around. Again always keep a positive mind and even turn the other cheek if you have too. Can’t stress enough, see it, believe it and once it has been proven to you by mind imagining, nothing will bother you. Life is too short to let those that are not happy get under your skin............

Best Answer

Surprised, then agitated, then I just pat them on the head and tell them one day they will be a big kid too.

Best Answer

they are just showing how immature they are to you

Best Answer

I return the favor with interest.

Best Answer

All of these are really good answers. I want to add it to my quere but Im new- so I think I have to comment to follow it so I can get new answers?

Best Answer

Get the hell away from them. They're toxic.

Best Answer

I choose not to associate with people, that feel the need to do that.

Best Answer

Just try it.. you will see =]

Best Answer

I would ask myself, whether there might be a reason to do so? Are they not satisfied with my work? Am I hostile to colleagues? So, I would look for the fault in myself.

Best Answer

I look directly at them with a clear understanding that they are clueless. Because (not to be cocky) I'm a huge nerd and have always been near the top of my class. Even though not all wisdom comes from books, I deserve respect as a human being. I have had my share of difficulties in life, and no one, no matter who they are, reserve the right to talk down to me. My parents get away with it only occasionally, and that's only because they help me pay my bills. If they didn't, I wouldn't stand up for it anymore, either. Respect is respect.

Best Answer

"Yes, mother."

Best Answer

I give them the raised eyebrow "really now" stare. I refuse to raise to the bait and just continue on. Most of the time that is enough. Control freaks are the ones who usually try to talk down to you. If you dont give them control they back down fast enough.

Best Answer

I ask them to speak extra slow and loud so I can hear them better (and everyone else thinks they are slow)

Best Answer