daysh24 daysh24 22-25, F 7 Answers Jan 2, 2012

for me, there was no double life, I just kept quiet about it.

Best Answer

me too.but it can tear u apart

Best Answer

I would think you would need a lot of supportive, understanding, educated people in your life. Be kind to yourself, realize your worth, work on your self esteem. Other than that, I'm not really sure as you say that therapy was not helpful for you. Everyone is different, what works for one may not for another.

Best Answer

you have to go to therapy. no matter what anyone says, the only way to constructively deal with your past is with a licensed professional who can help you come to terms with your memories.

Best Answer

that can work for some people, but i still recommend counseling. i for one would be dead twice over without it.

Best Answer

You were fortunate, Tim, to have a competent counselor. Too many counselors for child abuse are worse than useless.

Best Answer

I would think you'd have to start an entirely new life that is more honest about both aspects of your personality.

Best Answer

new life? r u kidding?

Best Answer

nope, if one has been living a double life neither one is completely oneself. The only real solution is to begin to try for a different sort of life that incorporates both the hidden and the public you in such a way that one is living just one life, the real you.

Best Answer

How do you do that ??

Best Answer

depends on what you've been doing

Best Answer