searchingformysis searchingformysis 46-50, F 3 Answers Jan 12, 2010

Your Response


In the US, only a judge can issue a commitment order. There is a legal hearing in 7 days. This is where the patient can find out the details of the commitment order. The legal procedure involves 3 attorneys in a mediation setup. One attorney acts as the mediator, another as the public council and the third as the patient's council. As far as I can tell, they are all working for free (pro bono).

The police or the paramedics can be the requester, but that would be after some damage has been done.


Best Answer

You cannot do that in the US or most countries. They have to choose or be a significant danger to themselves or others. Much easier to get them put in jail and hope they get committed from there. Criminally insane is the only non voluntary comitment I know of.

Best Answer

Robin Pinaud put me in the hospital. I lost my job, and acquired huge hospital bills... it changed my life for the worse. "But what comes around, goes around."

Best Answer

Related Questions