litelover litelover 36-40, M 3 Answers Feb 10, 2012

I LOVE pumpkin! I wish it were available all year long- I prefer canned tastewise. To cook fresh just wash it cut it up, remove the seeds and stringy things- toss into a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes or until done- remove from pot and take off skin & mash! I just made Pumpkin cranberry bread 2 days ago. I always stock up on pumpkin bread mix & fresh cranberrys at Xmas time- If you put the cranberrys in those green plastic fresh fruit keep longer thingys they last till march- or you can freeze them & they last even longer. What gets squishy i give to the birdies who really appreciate fresh fruit in th middle of winter up north here.

Best Answer

not a fan of canned pumpkin. take ur pumpkin and cut it in half, remove stem, remove seeds.

save them to toast in the oven for a yummy snack. (edit: the seeds not the stems!)

smear a lil olive oil on the cut face of the pumpkin and put them face down on a baking tray or in a pyrex dish or whatever. oil/grease up that tray too, btw.

oh yeah preheat the oven to 350.

stick them in the oven, bake at 350 until tender when pierced with a fork or skewer or whatever.

it will take somewhere between 40 mins and an hour depending on the size of ur punkin =)

Best Answer

that's usually what i do or microwave it in a mictrowave safe dish

Best Answer

you know my answer ;D

Best Answer