peaches2 peaches2 46-50, F 7 Answers Sep 5, 2010

same way you live and deal w/ someone w/ any other kind of illness - alot of compassion, alot of support, and a lot of love - and don't forget to take care of YOURSELF - it's ok to need a break, & you have to get support for yourself......<br />
BIG hugs.......

Best Answer

How do I live with myself then?

Best Answer

You learn what makes them angry and stay away from those things that set them off. You remain the calm patient one until they calm down. It isn't easy but it is possible.

Best Answer

If someone significant in your life has a mental illness, become aware of the illness and unerstand what they may be going through. WWW.NAMI.org has a family to family program that is for significant others, relatives, spouses. It teache=s them how to live with a person who has a mental illness.<br />
You can also get the person with the mental illness involved in NAMI.or check online and find the affiliate closest to you from your state and find meeting your loved one can attend. teh more support a person with menatl illness has the less likely an episode will occur. When an episode does occur it is easier to take care if.<br />
Sincere Uncritical Acceptance is a NAMI slogan that is used daily.<br />
I have four different diagnosis, I have a high IQ, and am totally functional 80% of people with a mental illness are highly intelligent.

Best Answer

I don't know. It's not easy to deal with myself. I guess they, my family, have to take it a day at a time. I'm pretty stable at the moment, but menopause was not nice to me. It triggered a lot of bad things with me.

Best Answer

Difficult question as mental illness comes in many disguises. If you are completely honest with yourself in that living and dealing with someone who has a mental illness is not bringing you down, then I see no problems or harm done, but if on the other hand it is bringing you down then just as Lacsar says - seek professional support and if necessary for your own sanity and well being detach yourself and look after yourself. Good luck.

Best Answer

Lacsar said it best.

Best Answer