I have dealt with my own struggles...read my stories, but now this,,a 15 year old young lady... I can only instill upon her my own paths....
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 15 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in WTK

You should know from you own experience, you can't do anything for them until they WANT help. :(

Best Answer

Sadly, you have to let them hit rock bottom and avoid becoming an enabler of their addiction. With my mother and brother, this meant ending the relationships.

Best Answer

lol sorry I did not mean to copy your answer I was just typing slowly lol

Best Answer

No worries. I was just going off my personal experiences.

Best Answer

well you should know having gone through a drinking problem yourself. In my opinion there is no helping somone until they want & ask for it. Just keep her as healthy and safe as you can until she hits rock bottom.

Best Answer

Love, support and tough love. They need to want it.....

Best Answer

Intervention but that's no guarantee, sorry for your struggles and hers as well.

Best Answer

cant really help but il wish u good luck

Best Answer

You cannot "deal" with a drug addict. An addict will lie, cheat, and steal to get more drugs. The only thing you can do is save yourself from destruction by keeping sufficient distance.

Best Answer

The words are simple, PrincessMaine. But they are not easy to follow.<br />
Tell this person how this is affecting them.<br />
Tell them how it is affecting you.<br />
Tell them when they hit rock bottom you will be there for them.<br />
And then close your mouth, close your heart, and wait. <br />
Sometimes they come earlier. Sometimes they come late. Sometimes they never come at all. You can't help a person who doesn't want to stop. I hope you hear these words.

Best Answer

Hi. I'm an alcoholic, am a member of A.A., have been through the 12 Steps with a sponsor and have helped others do the same. I also have a brother who has struggled with addiction and my approach with him has been to:<br />
1) Not enable him.<br />
2) Be available when he was ready for help.<br />
That's pretty much all I can do for anyone.

Best Answer

Ernie is right. They have to want it for themselves. All you can really do is be there when they finally ask. I've dealt with it for many years....a son. He has an addictive personality, complicated by mental issues. Gambling, drinking, compulsive behavior...it is very trying to say the least. I do wish you well.

Best Answer

Intervention and rehab.

Best Answer

You can't really help them until they want help. But praying helps.

Best Answer

Hold up your bright light, show the path and be ready when they mess up

Best Answer