sylvia07 sylvia07 36-40, F 22 Answers Jan 5, 2010

I don't deal with them.

I tried but in the end, it's just a waste of time. Most of them are so bent on being bitter nothing much can change them.

Best Answer

Show that person an unexpected kindness, then move on. The worse thing you can do is to position yourself close enough to that person to where You become infected with his negative, life-diminishing attitude.

Plant the seeds of kindness---but step back and let ehem take root, or die at their own speed. You've done your part!

Best Answer

Hi sylvia07

Now I run a mile. Bitterness and cynicism are bottomless pits. A good test is if people like flowers and kittens. If they do they are not bitter or cynical. If they do not like them they probably are. IMHO.

:)

Best Answer

When it is a close friend I would ask him/her, if there is a reason for the bitterness and continue my loyalty/kindness anyway. In the extreme, if the complaining doesn't stop I would seriously suggest to take a consultation. People I know only casually, who complain in an endless manner; I would avoid them.

Best Answer

avoid them if possible. if not; minimal contact and try not to take upon yourself their bitterness. misery/bitterness loves comany so keep away!

Best Answer

If you choose to deal with them, just keep in mind, that it will be YOU who pays the price.....It is very emotionally draining, to try and "fix" someone...

People are the way they are....they have a lifetime of experiences and ideas....they form these very early in life, and as the years pass, they become engrained into who they are....it's not likely at all, that you will ever make any progress.....

All you can hope for, is that your outlook on life, might rub off on them a little, when you are around them....but do limit your exposure to someone like this....before you know it, they've rubbed off on you!

Best Answer

Love them as much as you can, but stay detached. If you can't stay detached, remove yourself from the situation. It won't help anyone if you get sucked in.

Best Answer

No matter the sight,,,look to the Love and Light,,,everything else is not right,,,,shine shine shine your Love and Light this will make everything bright,,,and you will see it all manifest before thee,,,you must believe in order to recieve,,,so please please just shine shine shine,,,Love and Light make it right,,,,Mary

Best Answer

shower them with kindness, and pray for them

Best Answer

I would love to give them a chance, but they wont give themselves a chance so I have given up on them.

Everyone gets a little bitter or negative from time to time, and thats okay. I support those people at those times, but people who are bitter and negative about everything wont change their attitude no matter how much you try, they just want to feel sorry for themselves and for you to feel sorry for them too. They will bring you down and arent nice people to be around. Even if they seem nice and are polite, I find that they really arent nice on the inside.

Its a real shame that people are this way, there are always people out there who want to help them (god bless those people) but eventually they end up being brought down and become negative and bitter like the person they were trying to help. Misery loves company.

If this person is one of those people who are always down, you are either going to have to cut them out of your life, or if they are a family member, just ignore them and block out their negativity. Dont offer them sympathy whatsoever because that is just what they are looking for.

Best Answer

Try to talk to them and console them if they had something wrong with them b/c of which they start feeling so but if all ur efforts fail just leave them at their own..

Best Answer

Some people who are bitter continue to be bitter because they want to get special attention or stand out. What would they would do if everyone around them were bitter about life as well?

Best Answer

You can't, we're never gonna change our attitude on life until life changes. And life ain't ever gonna change, so don't bother. You'll just give yourself more headaches.

Best Answer

It sounds harsh, but you need to cuth them out of your life. Bitter people do not want to be talked to or reasoned with regarding their bitterness. Most wear it like a badge of honor and think they have earned the right to be bitter. Their negative energy will just ruin whatever good stuff you have happening in your life. Run! and fast!!

Best Answer

Well, that would be me. Tell them to come here and answer questions as they come--never look at the other answers, but just let yourself say what you feel because the answer does not matter--what matters is that you are thinking of someone else. Which means that you aren't thinking of yourself. Know why AA works--because you listen and take care of other people and by doing that you lose sight of your own navel long enough to help yourself. And you are not God--not responsible for another person--so drop them if they can't go with the flow.

Best Answer