I hear you asking how to deal with your supervisor. That is a difficult situation for you or anyone. Here are couple suggestions: 1. With complete respect repeat back to her/him what they just said to you as a question. For instance -- your work is sloppy and you would respond back: "So you feel my work is sloppy." That sort of response is neither defensive, retalitory or agreeing What it does is to defuse the comment and often they will say something less caustic and more at the level of what they feel because you have demonstrated that you heard what they said. 2. Find little ways to say something positive to him/her by acknowledging their expertise and asking them a question. Here is an example: "I appreciate the way you manage customers on the phone. Help me understand how to respond to a customer that is upset." Just make application of the two approaches I've listed and be sincere and honest -- you will turn things around.

Best Answer

I have been doing that lately. I have been asking her what she wants me to improve on, been generally polite. It gotten worse after I wrote a letter to my manager about an incident that happend between me and my supervisor, completely factwise without feelings. Tomorrow back to work, she has written another 2 incident reports (inaqurate). It's getting a bit tiering to keep doing this week after week

Best Answer

Seriously, I have been the supervisor of many and I have experienced the angst of disgruntled, disagreeable persons. My number one suggestion above may be the way to sit down with the person writing the incident reports and in the question format that uses their language you simply repeat back to them what they have said about you.
My advice: don't write up your supervisor and go over their head -- if you must write then write to them and cc your manager. That is much less threatening.
Tomorrow go in with a good attitude -- do your job to the best of your ability and simply be kind and smile at your supervisor. Let the rest of it go. The manager knows more than you do about the supervisor.

Best Answer

thank you. I will do that. You have been a great help =)

Best Answer

just be nice as pie to her all the time. thatl get on her nerves and you wont be the bad guy

Best Answer

Honestly, I've taken to ignoring mine unless she asks me to do something directly. <br />
It's not worth losing my job, to stoop to her level and react to her ****** behaviour.

Best Answer

Fall out at her?

Best Answer

Do you like your job?

Best Answer

Some days I like it. She keeps getting on my nerves. My manager says to ignore everything and get on with work. But she keeps getting into my face and getting me into trouble. Little friends with the bosses =/

Best Answer

I would confront her about it, but you may deal with situations like that differently. If anything, I would at least express to the boss what you said just now and give him an ultimatum.

Best Answer

Thanks for that. Keep forgetting that my supervisor isn't the boss

Best Answer