Specifically, what are some ways that you've learned to calm down when you feel angry, anxious, or depressed, but need to get on with your day?
Madnificent Madnificent 22-25 6 Answers Jul 3 in Health

I do not allow any stressful people or situations into my life. I know not everyone can do that so, if you have no control over something that stresses you out, accept that and let it go. It's mostly up to us what we let in or don't let in

Best Answer

Avoiding triggers is a good idea. What is it that allows you to let it go?

Best Answer

I know how awful PTSD can be. I don't want it. I truly make the decision to let it go. It took a little practice but now I do it automatically. And, I stay away from people who push my buttons. Life is pretty peaceful now. You can do this too. Medication never worked for me.

Best Answer

It's taken a long time for me to work through some of my issues... Having a good support group and people to talk to who care about you is key, but I also try and find something else to focus my attention on. EP is a good example... I also go to the gym to blow off steam, etc... But what works for me may not work for someone else. Every person has to learn to deal with PTSD in their own way. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Breathing techniques, sublimating stress, moving my mental attention to something else, meditation, avoiding excess caffeine and stimulants. However I have the Panicking version of PTSD, not the violent type.

Best Answer

For me all the counseling in the world didn't give me enough relief from my PTSD. Then I started seeing a psychiatrist and had started taking medication (mood stabilizer) and wow, what a big difference!

Best Answer

Breathe

Best Answer

I only focus on my breathing if I start to have a panic attack. It feels like my chest is caving in and I gasp. I could try focusing on it before it gets that bad.

Best Answer