It's all in your head. There is probably nothing actually wrong, but you're mind is giving you the sensation of there being imminent danger. But the sensation always passes, and then you're fine. Panic/anxiety is not dangerous, it can't hurt you, it just feels shytty for a bit and then goes a way.<br />
When you're in it just remember that it always passes. Your body literally can't maintain that level off adrenaline for long, it always recedes. <br />
Avoid taking their psych meds, stick with counseling. Exercise regularly, get enough sleep, decrease sources of stress in your life.

Best Answer

For me, just knowledge and understanding of what exactly anxiety/panic attacks are was key to overcoming them.
It was the difference between thinking "OMGWTFishappeningI'mgonnadie" and "oh, this again. sigh... ok I can ride this out"
If you know what's happening, and that it is harmless, you can react calmly. And eventually you become too cool to let it get the best of you in the first place.
Have your counselor explain it to you, but here's a decent article http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/anxiety/panic-attack.htm

Best Answer

For me, it helps to just recognize it for what it is....I breathe deeply, relax my body, even close my eyes if I have to, and let it go through it's course....if I can visualize it inside of me, and in my mind's eye, I watch it dissipate, it will recede...but just acknowledge it in your mind, and accept that it's just a panic attack, and it will go away....try hard to avoid meds....they are poison...it's a nasty cycle to fall into....

Best Answer

Learn to meditate, and ditch the mindset that leads to panic. Live in the now. You cannot change the past, and worrying about the future prevents you from enjoying the present.<br />
I used to suffer from anxiety attacks, but haven't had one in over a year. If you're having night terrors you might want to look into lucid dreaming as an active countermeasure. Try lucidity.com to see which methods, or books you might want to look into.

Best Answer

Have you heard of Mike Brescia?<br />
You may find this helpful<br />
http://www.thinkrightnow.com/audios/audiopananx.asp

Best Answer

Breathing exercises can help.

Best Answer

I have tried several. They help during the day if I have an anxiety attack due to stress or something. But when I wake up in a panic attack at night from nightmare or something, they dont seem to help.

Best Answer

Try seeing a chiropractor. If your spine is out of alignment, you could be more prone to panic attacks.

Best Answer